I've had this phone for about 10 months and I think it's starting to slow down.
    I downloaded nova launcher last month and that help speed things up.
    But in the past week or so I've noticed the battery doesn't last nearly as long and apps get forced out of ram even when the usage manager says theres 1.6 gb of r free?
    I cleared the cache memory but that hasn't seemed to help. Is there anything left other than a factory reset?
    09-12-2015 09:36 PM
    I've had this phone for about 10 months and I think it's starting to slow down.
    I downloaded nova launcher last month and that help speed things up.
    But in the past week or so I've noticed the battery doesn't last nearly as long and apps get forced out of ram even when the usage manager says theres 1.6 gb of r free?
    I cleared the cache memory but that hasn't seemed to help. Is there anything left other than a factory reset?
    I'm having the same problems you are, but to a lesser degree. I also use Nova Launcher and it sped up my phone a lot. Try uninstalling any unused apps, pictures, or downloaded music and see if that helps. Usually a phone slows down as the amount of free storage decreases, so performing the above actions should help. I'd also disable any preinstalled bloatware from your carrier.
    09-12-2015 09:50 PM
    Same problem here. But what Android phone has this not happened to? I find it frustrating that the suggestion to make our phones work like they're supposed to is to delete items. The message "if you want your phone easier to use.... don't use it so much." Why can't they simply... work?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2015 10:15 PM
    Same problem here. But what Android phone has this not happened to? I find it frustrating that the suggestion to make our phones work like they're supposed to is to delete items. The message "if you want your phone easier to use.... don't use it so much." Why can't they simply... work?

Posted via the Android Central App
    You should be able to use your phone as much as you want without it causing any problems. But unfortunately that's not the case with any phone. Even an iPhone isn't immune to these types of problems, they just aren't affected as much. But I do agree that deleting unused items isn't the only way to help speed up a slow phone.
    09-12-2015 10:24 PM
    Well if a sports car slows down with more weight added why would we assume something similar isn't happening with a mobile device? For applications without any associated services sure one shouldn't expect performance hits when the application isn't in use but people need to realize that for applications that provide notifications there are accompanying services running in the background to monitor activity of the device or on the Internet... All of these services add up incrementally leading to noticeable performance hits.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 11:42 PM
    I just deleted all stuff I don't use and I cleared the cache memory again so we'll see how that goes. If nothing else, I'll just do a factory reset and see if that helps.
    09-13-2015 11:29 AM
    It's simple, you must uninstall some un-use apps on your device to let RAM on your device have some free spaces to run the apps you have downloaded.

I have face the same problem after I bought a NOTE 4 with 32 GB,but now I have add another 32 GB external SD Card in order to free some space in the RAM, then it will move faster (I hope so).
    09-14-2015 10:39 PM
    I just deleted all stuff I don't use and I cleared the cache memory again so we'll see how that goes. If nothing else, I'll just do a factory reset and see if that helps.
    If you do a factory reset, be sure to disable Play Store's automatic update or any app that was/is causing you a problem will just be reinstalled and it'll look like the reset did nothing.
    toenail_flicker and muzzy996 like this.
    09-14-2015 10:55 PM