Note 4 won't send files by Bluetooth to my laptop. How can I get it done?

beachbuggyman

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 won't send files by bluetooth to my laptop.

My Galaxy Note 4, doesn't seem to be able to send files to my laptop. It used to be fine but now it's not working.
My laptop is running windows 10 (if that makes a difference).
I'm trying to send images across.
If I select the image in the gallery, and choose share, and then the bluetooth option, it shows my laptop as paired. I select this, but then it informs me, that the file has not been sent.
I've tried re-pairing the devices, but still having no luck.
Has anybody got any ideas?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 won't send files by bluetooth to my laptop.

Having used Bluetooth file sharing with my phone to laptop, I've always noted how slow it tends to be.
I had to share over 1200 music files to my lappy, and started a Bluetooth transfer. Then I used this program, Shareit for pc and the accompanying app from the Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lenovo.anyshare.gps

In the time it took for 1 Bluetooth transfer, I was able to select and send 25 music files. There are better ways to get the job done. Sorry I don't have the Bluetooth solution, but had to offer an option.

beachbuggyman

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, I appreciecte the positive response.
I can dropbox the files over no problem, but in the instance where i don't have access to the internet, i could really do with the bluetooth working. I don't know if it's an issue on the phone or the laptop.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, I appreciecte the positive response.
I can dropbox the files over no problem, but in the instance where i don't have access to the internet, i could really do with the bluetooth working. I don't know if it's an issue on the phone or the laptop.

ShareIt can share files without network access. I do it all the time. I use it to transfer files off my phone to the laptop when I'm away from Web Access.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

AirDroid is the best. Download from. Playstore. Go to www.android.com on laptop and connect via wifi with QR code reader built in the app. . An average album takes me around 60- 90 seconds. Either way laptop to phone or phone to laptop. Same with any files, pics etc. Bluetooth is old school. Give it a try.
Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

You've been given some good advice, and, I would like to offer another option. Try Samsung's own product: SideSync. You can use Wi-Fi like AirDroid or you can use your USB cable which has even faster speeds. Download the app from Play Store and download the PC app from Samsung. It's a really good offering.
I've used AirDroid, it's an amazing product, and it has way too many bells and whistles if you're not using them. Finally SideSync lets you see your phone screen on your big computer screen... Pretty nifty.
Peace

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

You've been given some good advice, and, I would like to offer another option. Try Samsung's own product: SideSync. You can use Wi-Fi like AirDroid or you can use your USB cable which has even faster speeds. Download the app from Play Store and download the PC app from Samsung. It's a really good offering.
I've used AirDroid, it's an amazing product, and it has way too many bells and whistles if you're not using them. Finally SideSync lets you see your phone screen on your big computer screen... Pretty nifty.
Peace

Highlander
Totally agree!!

savuth

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

This is simple, you must delete the NOTE on your laptop and reinstall it, then it will work. I also used to have this such experience with this one.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

This is simple, you must delete the NOTE on your laptop and reinstall it, then it will work. I also used to have this such experience with this one.
Doesn't work for me.

Also, the OP asked for options that do not require internet access (there are many options when you do have internet access) but sometimes we want to transfer files in remote areas where we don't have WiFi. Wish there were a good option. Bluetooth file transfer used to work just fine in past years, then with each successive system update it got more and more flakey, now it doesn't work at all.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There are some great options above. In addition to those...

1. WiFi doesn't require Internet to work as a local network. If your desktop/laptop has a WiFi card or adapter you might even be able to use it as an access point, but access points are very cheap. You could share a folder on your desktop and push/pull files to/from the phone using WiFi and any one of a number of file manager apps, most of which are free.

2. The Note 4 takes an SD card and even a USB stick with an OTG cable. It's a 2-step process, of course, but is also very fast and easy. Copy from source to card, copy from card to destination.