At&t. I can't send any MMS while on Wifi. I can receive however. My wife's Moto G can receive while on the same Wifi. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-14-2015 09:59 PM
    At&t. I can't send any MMS while on Wifi. I can receive however. My wife's Moto G can receive while on the same Wifi. Any ideas?

That's easy, your carrier wants to charge you to send mms. It will hold it in outbox until you switch to 3G/4G . then it will send. O2 here in UK that happens. So I guess it's the same with your carrier. Hope that helps.

09-14-2015 10:27 PM
    I'm on att and when I'm on wifi and I send a mms it turns on my 4g to send it then it goes back to wifi.
    09-15-2015 03:44 AM
    You have to be able to establish some sort of data (non WiFi) connection to your network in order to send MMS. That's the way it works on all carriers. I suspect that it is possible that your wife has a better cell connection than you do or that you have data turned off? This is the main reason I had to switch from TMo to Vz. Needed at least some sort of signal here on the farm to be able to send MMS. Before we changed networks, my husband could occasionally get MMS out over TMo on his S5/6 but my Note3/4 was never able to establish enough network connection to make that possible.
    09-15-2015 06:34 AM
    This is cut and paste from AT&T website...

Picture and video messaging network requirements

To use picture and video messaging:

You must be on an LTE or GSM network supporting GPRS transport.
    Your device must be on and in a digital coverage area to receive the picture or video message.
    If the device is off or out of the coverage area, the message will be stored for up to 72 hours and delivered when the device becomes available.
    As far as I know, you need to be on data to send and receive MMS text messages. If you and your wife are both receiving MMS over Wifi, it's possible your data might be turning on automatically without you realizing it. To test this, put both of your phones in Airplane mode, turn on Wifi, and one of you send the other phone a MMS message to see if it goes through.

(If your MMS goes through, I need to get off Verizon and switch to AT&T!)
    09-15-2015 06:38 AM