Hey guys, I finally got my note 4 for a few weeks now. I really like it. There is so much more you can do. I was using iphones before. I have a question to ask regarding voicemail. On the iphone when you click on the phone icon it gives you the option to view voicemail. I don't see that when I click on the phone icon on the android . Mine show all calls. It shows missed calls and in and out calls. I dont see a tab for voicemail though. I have to dial 123 everytime and put in my password to listen to email. I do notice that it pop up notificaiton that I have a new voicemail (I think that was the first viocemail). I want to be able to see any new voicemail that I have.
    09-15-2015 11:18 AM
    Unfortunately that's only possible if your carrier supports Visual Voicemail (most of the times, it's an added fee and separate app). iPhones do voicemail differently, just like they do their messaging differently from other phones (iMessage).
    09-15-2015 12:08 PM
    Hey guys, I finally got my note 4 for a few weeks now. I really like it. There is so much more you can do. I was using iphones before. I have a question to ask regarding voicemail. On the iphone when you click on the phone icon it gives you the option to view voicemail. I don't see that when I click on the phone icon on the android . Mine show all calls. It shows missed calls and in and out calls. I dont see a tab for voicemail though. I have to dial 123 everytime and put in my password to listen to email. I do notice that it pop up notificaiton that I have a new voicemail (I think that was the first viocemail). I want to be able to see any new voicemail that I have.
    What carrier do you have? Some carriers have apps that you have to download from Google Play (AT&T for example), that will give you their visual voicemail.https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.vvm&hl=en
    There are also 3rd party apps for voicemail. My favorite one is Phone Fusion Visual Voicemail Plus. Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...plus.and&hl=en
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-15-2015 12:32 PM
    I have T-mobile. I also have another question regarding battery life. I still have 5.0.1. I notice that sometimes I charge my battery to 100 percent. Whle at work I don't use my phone for hours at a time. I check my phone and it goes down to about 87 percent. That is without any usage just idle. I think the themer app might be draining my battery? I also have cm launcher and clean master. It always shows that I'm running certain apps, but I'm not even using my phone. I really like the note 4. It's the best phone I ever had. I'm just worry about the battery.
    09-15-2015 07:22 PM
    Themer starting draining my battery (OK, not draining, but started consuming more battery than before) when I had the Note 4, which is why I stopped using it for the Note 5 (that and that they really slowed down on the theme development).

Your phone, even though you're not using it, is being used depending on what you set up to sync (e-mail accounts, weather check, social media, etc.). So some apps/processes will be running in the background to do that, and that takes battery. That being said, a drop from 100 to 87 in 'hours' doesn't seem too bad for idle. If you REALLY want to keep your phone from draining while on idle, either restrict all Sync operations or put it in Airplane mode.
    09-15-2015 07:40 PM
    I have T-mobile. I also have another question regarding battery life. I still have 5.0.1. I notice that sometimes I charge my battery to 100 percent. Whle at work I don't use my phone for hours at a time. I check my phone and it goes down to about 87 percent. That is without any usage just idle. I think the themer app might be draining my battery? I also have cm launcher and clean master. It always shows that I'm running certain apps, but I'm not even using my phone. I really like the note 4. It's the best phone I ever had. I'm just worry about the battery.
    And I would get rid of all CM apps. Cheetah Mobile is not a company that anyone should use any of their apps (Google it).
    I'm not familiar with their launcher, but there is no reason for Clean Master on this phone!
    If you are looking for a launcher then I would highly recommend Nova Launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Crashdamage likes this.
    09-15-2015 07:52 PM
    Themer starting draining my battery (OK, not draining, but started consuming more battery than before) when I had the Note 4, which is why I stopped using it for the Note 5 (that and that they really slowed down on the theme development).

Your phone, even though you're not using it, is being used depending on what you set up to sync (e-mail accounts, weather check, social media, etc.). So some apps/processes will be running in the background to do that, and that takes battery. That being said, a drop from 100 to 87 in 'hours' doesn't seem too bad for idle. If you REALLY want to keep your phone from draining while on idle, either restrict all Sync operations or put it in Airplane mode.
    How do I turn off all the sync options? I tried pulling down the menu and the sync option is not highlighted. I really like themer launcher to nova launcher, but I guess I will go back to nova launcher.
    09-15-2015 08:31 PM
    I don't know what people have against Touchwiz as I don't have any problems with it. In any case, keep in mind that Nova will mess with some of the S Pen features. I think it'll prevent you from placing Action Memo's on your home screens, if I remember correctly. Might be some other stuff too, so if you run into any S Pen problems, disable Nova to see if it's messing it up.

EDIT... I just attempted to create an action memo while in Nova. It let me create the memo, but when I tried to pin it to the home screen, Nova closed and Touchwiz opened and I could only pin it to the Touchwiz home screen. Weird!
    09-15-2015 10:20 PM
    I don't know what people have against Touchwiz as I don't have any problems with it. In any case, keep in mind that Nova will mess with some of the S Pen features. I think it'll prevent you from placing Action Memo's on your home screens, if I remember correctly.

EDIT... I just attempted to create an action memo while in Nova. It let me create the memo, but when I tried to pin it to the home screen, Nova closed and Touchwiz opened and I could only pin it to the Touchwiz home screen. Weird!
    This is off-topic, but you can use the S Note widget on Nova without a problem. It shows all of your Notes.
    See screenshot:

09-16-2015 09:04 AM
    I uninstalled themer and tried nova again. The battery is much better now.
    09-16-2015 09:28 AM
    Back to voicemail, if you want free visual voicemail you can use Google Voice, which also gives you a free second line on your phone:

https://www.google.com/voice

If you don't want a Google Voice number but want to use Google Voice for visual voicemail you can use Google Voice Lite:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115073?hl=en

Maybe you'll also like some of the other features it provides such as transcripts, specialized voicemail messages, etc. It's about the same as the regular GV except you just don't get a GV number.
    tsells and SpookDroid like this.
    09-16-2015 09:37 AM