turning off wifi

djle93

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Note 4

Even though I turn off wifi; in the battery usage section, it shows the wifi is turned on the whole time of the battery cycle. The only time it goes off is when I change to airplane mode.

I can not figure out why it wont turn off for longer battery life.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

for extra clarification. When I do toggle off wifi, I cant use it. Its just shows up in the battery usage section so I assume its eating battery life.

Last edited:

djle93

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
both have been done before and same problem. Wifi isnt available when turned off but it shows being on 24/7 in the battery usage section. =(

Anyone have any other suggestions?....

djle93

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried this already and it is still the same. I have gone through [ at least I think so] every option available on the phone to try to get it to stop to no avail.

djle93

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
on further inspection and fooling around with the phone; I found that there was an option in Viber where it stated that it would ignore the sleep wifi mode and always use the wifi. Turned it off and still no good. I can only assume that other chat/messenger/calling programs or other apps are doing the same thing but have no option to turn it off as I went and searched other apps. =(

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine is the same. Since L update wifi always appears to be on when it's off all day while at work. My wifi has been off since 730am.
Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-16-29.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the same. Since L update wifi always appears to be on when it's off all day while at work. My wifi has been off since 730am.

I just checked my battery, and it was doing the same thing. I went to my advanced Wifi settings and turned off "Keep Wifi on during sleep" and waited a few minutes. I checked my battery again and it showed no wifi use.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
This is another well known and reported bug in Lollipop where battery stats show that Wi-Fi is permanently connected when it isn't, nothing to do with other app's settings. It used to drive me mad too and was one of the many reasons why I decided to go back to KitKat.

djle93

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
So its just a bug? As in a bug that displays wifi as on though it is not? If it really isnt on. Its annoying but acceptable to me.

Can someone confirm that its not on even though its showing it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC