My Galaxy Note 4 is stuck on recovery booting.. screen. How can I it past this?

papybp

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
galaxy note 4 stuck on " recovery booting..." screen

I have a note 4 SM-N910F last week I upgraded it to 5.1.1 and everything was fine but after few days its started to crash I rebooted it but it refuse to start and stuck on the samsung note 4 logo and a blue message on the top left corner on the screen "recovery booting..." and starting to reboot itself after 2 seconds. I tried to flash it with odin with the same 5.1.1 firmware but still not working i tried different stock firmware for sm-n901f in vain.
i cant enter the recovery mode the only thing i can do this to enter download mode and i can see this:

ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910F
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK (KK): ON
KNOX WARRANTY VOID : 0X1 (4)
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT : ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, A1, A1, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD :ENABLE
UDC START

PLEASE HELP ME is the phone still have a little chance to work again ?

thank you

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: galaxy note 4 stuck on " recovery booting..." screen

When you flashed through Odin, did it finish? Error? Or complete?

Things to try:

1. While at recovery booting, pull battery out. While out, press & hold power button for 3 seconds.
a. Put battery back in, press & hold Power, Sleep and Up Vol, to try to enter Recovery Screen, If successful, clear cache part, then reboot.

2. Flash Odin again, using 3.07 Version of it. Use different USB port on your pc.

3. Take it to Samsung Hub (Bestbuy Has Them Usually). Get them to Flash Stock Recovery.

4. Contact Samsung Support, tell them what happened, "they will" send you another one if they can't fix it.

Hope this helps, perhaps others here can offer more suggestions.

Chris

UPDATE: OR...flash a custom recovery (twerp or whatever) and then from there, flash OEM or try factory reset from there. Walk Through: http://droidors.com/2015/03/26/install-twrp-recovery-samsung-galaxy-note-4-sm-n910f/

Last edited:

papybp

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: galaxy note 4 stuck on " recovery booting..." screen

thank you for your quick reply . when I flash it with odin it finish and say "completed" but still stuck on the recovery booting...
i tried your 1 and 2 suggestion but still not woking ,
i was thinking about doing the re-partition and nand erase all but it's somehow risky, I still I wait for other suggestions,

Thank you

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Solved with failed ODIN custom recovery flash!
I hope you were able to fix this problem without losing any data. I had the same problem last night with my Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G Lollipop 5.0.1. I had used a homescreen shortcut for a Rom Toolbox Pro command to reboot into recovery. However, at the last second I realized that the 'reactivation lock' (RL ) was on. This caused the phone to always try to reboot into recovery but not going past the 'Reactivation Lock'. I tried pulling out the battery for many minutes, going into Download mode etc. to no avail.
Only , I tried to flash CWM recovery using ODIN 3.
Though, as expected, the flashing of the recovery failed, it jump started my phone into booting into System instead of repeatedly failing trying to boot into recovery. My worst fears of losing a lot of non-backed up data did not materialize.
I have now deactivated RL till I can finish a Nandroid Backup and will not use any shortcut command to go into recovery again. ;)
Hope this helps.

DocNish

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello there!

I'm stuck in the same situation as you. Tried as you had to flash cwm with odin which failed .....but the phone still wants to boot into recovery and not into system....am i missing something? could you help me out step by step if that is not much of a problem for you. Thanks in advance

Notworthit

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy Note4 remains stuck into recovery booting... none of those pluffy remedies on the internet works. This has been the most frustrating smart phone I'd had. I tell all my friends about this problem so they may become aware and avoid the same frustration as I have. How come other phone are easier to manage? This ****ty expensive phone drains my energy. Anyone else with "smart" remedies? How come Samsung does not seem to have s solution for a forzen "recovery booting"?

Notworthit

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Who are the people responding to questions in this forum? I can see people trying to help but there is no proper moderation. All these trial and error ideas should be moderated by Samsung experts. Why these problems don't seem to get immediate solution from Samsung and leaving the issue to the user community are equally groping in the dark and just wanting others to try their crude experiences? Where are the Samsung experts who can immediately provide the most effective solution to the problem?

met021345

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my sprint version of this phone. Took it into the service tech and was told that this was a known issue with the sprint model. They are replacing the phone no questions asked.

es1321

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I know I'm super late seeing this post, but I'm dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to phones and I just found this forum. My phone has been doing the same thing! However, my Sprint store refuses to help me out with this at all. Was your phone still under warranty for this?

RelaxedMind1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I managed to bring back my phone to life after trying to install root with odin on my Note 4.
Here it's what I did:
1) Search the stock Rom on google.
For me it's this: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152306227
2)Then unzip the archive: "N910TUVS2EPG2_N910TTMB2EPG2_TMB.zip"
3)Then open archive: "N910TUVS2EPG2_N910TTMB2EPG2_N910TUVS2EPG2_HOME.tar.md5" and extract recovery.img
4)Now you have to transform "recovery.img" in "recovery.tar.md5".
Here is how: [Script][Tool] how to create a tar.md5 file … | Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506
5)In Odin V 3.10.6 go to ap and load the "recovery.tar.md5"
Odin: http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
6)Boot your phone in download mode(Vol down+Home+Power)
7)Connect your phone, and hit start.
8)You're done.

I have in mind to make a tutorial in the following days.

Fonzo18

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I managed to bring back my phone to life after trying to install root with odin on my Note 4.
Here it's what I did:
1) Search the stock Rom on google.
For me it's this: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152306227
2)Then unzip the archive: "N910TUVS2EPG2_N910TTMB2EPG2_TMB.zip"
3)Then open archive: "N910TUVS2EPG2_N910TTMB2EPG2_N910TUVS2EPG2_HOME.tar.md5" and extract recovery.img
4)Now you have to transform "recovery.img" in "recovery.tar.md5".
Here is how: [Script][Tool] how to create a tar.md5 file … | Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506
5)In Odin V 3.10.6 go to ap and load the "recovery.tar.md5"
Odin: http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
6)Boot your phone in download mode(Vol down+Home+Power)
7)Connect your phone, and hit start.
8)You're done.

I have in mind to make a tutorial in the following days.

hey so i have the same problem. happened while i was trying to root. i used your method and it got me past that screen ... now all my phone does is restart over and over and over any ideas ?

RelaxedMind1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
hey so i have the same problem. happened while i was trying to root. i used your method and it got me past that screen ... now all my phone does is restart over and over and over any ideas ?

What''s the model version of your phone.
This tutorial works only for sm-n910t, Android 6.0.1.

Last edited:

akakig

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
HI guys, please flash this after, same way from odin....

"https://dl.twrp.me/trltecan/twrp-3.0.2-0-trltecan.img.tar.html"

worked like a charm

file name is twrp-3.0.2-0-trltecan.img.tar