Should I give up on Verizon giving us 5.1.1?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Should

I suspect that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 should get 5.1 sometime in the next few months.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You must work for Verizon Wireless customer service thats what they told me in July lol
No, I don't. It is just an educated guess. Sprint got 5.1 last month. Verizon is usually a few months behind the leader.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm loosing my patients at this point.
This will be why I get a nexus or Motorola as my next device. Having to wait for months just to get an update that other users have had since launch is maddening.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Be careful what you ask for, you may get it! Lots of issues posted here with the latest release.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm loosing my patients at this point.
This will be why I get a nexus or Motorola as my next device. Having to wait for months just to get an update that other users have had since launch is maddening.
Motorolas (excluding nexus) on Verizon as of late don't have a very good update record either... Slower than Samsung overall.

MrMorgado

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Same her but with TMobile, they take forever with the updates, and most probably, if we get 5.1, we defintely wont get 6.0. Thats if we even get 5.1, they have history of upgrading software only once...

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Motorolas (excluding nexus) on Verizon as of late don't have a very good update record either... Slower than Samsung overall.

I know that Verizon always takes priority over newer devices. Since the note 4 Is only a year old, Verizon should at least update it to 5.1.1. If they do, I'm fine with that.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

No, I don't. It is just an educated guess. Sprint got 5.1 last month. Verizon is usually a few months behind the leader.

5.1.1 been two months with Sprint. No issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just be patient and wait. At&t doesn't have it either. I'm OK with them taking their time trying to get it right rather than push out an update that's going to jack up my phone. I didn't have any issues with lollipop when I first got it, but I know a lot of other people did. Sometimes waiting might be better.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm willing to bet it's taking extra long because they want to put their new mobile tv app on everybody's phone and they want to update all the bloat to have their new logo. I'm sure whatever their reasoning is, it all comes down to them trying to come up with a way to make us spend more money.