Bluetooth Text Notifications

letter17

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I use my phone (note 4, 5.0.1) to play music & use navigation via bluetooth while driving. However, I don't use it for phone via bluetooth because when Phone is enabled, it get alerts when I have a new text message. I don't want this. There's no way to disable it on the stereo (Pioneer AVH series) and I have yet to find it anywhere on the phone. Besides disabling text notifications, what can be done to disable notifications to the stereo?

Thanks!!

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central.

Let me get this right, when you are connected via Bluetooth you don't want notification on the phone? You could move it to priority mode. Another option would be to use tasker. Setup a task that puts the phone silent when connected to a certain bluetooth device.

letter17

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't want notifications on the stereo. When I get a text and I have the stereo and phone connected via Bluetooth it will tell me on the stereo screen that I have a text. I don't want that. I don't want my stereo to tell me every time I get a text message.

letter17

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
After doing more and more research, It seems that I need to disable the Bluetooth MAP. However, I'm not seeing how to do that w/o rooting my phone. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith