Contact list is being updated. for 2-3 hours now Samsung Note 4

A

AC Question

Since the last system update, my contact list is still being updated, even though I cleared up some data, and even restarted and even turned off/on my phone and it's refusing to work no matter how much I tried, and the only thing actually working is the keypad, the call logs, favorites and contacts do NOT work, desperately need assistance, most of my work depends on me actually being able to contact my contacts (and no I don't remember everyone's phone numbers that's why I have a contacts list)

billystampe

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
FOUND IT!
Select Application Manager (or Applications)
Using the tabs at the top for ALL (apps), find “Contacts Storage” (NOT “Contacts”), select it, then choose “Clear Data” and OK.
Go into your contacts and they should start to sync (or check the Account Properties for the Google Account and do a sync)

Anna72

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
You bloody beauty! Thank you!!!!!! I was thinking I had to do a factory reset but all ok. Had backed up my contacts so was able to restore once I followed your instructions. You are a legend - thank you so much!!!

annipanther

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
ohh my god ur awesome man.... was wandering and did a couple of things.. but nothing worked... ur pure jenious... now it works perfectly fine, keep up the good work u rock thanks a lot for the help.... love u .....

Himanshu Mistry

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I too had this problem since two days.
I took below actions:
[1] Cleaning up the cache from settings >> application manager --} Didn't work
[2] Re-installed some application which I had un-installed in last two days. --} Didn't work
[3] Turned "sync" to on and tried syncing with google account. --} Didn't work
[4] Tried restoring data backup that was taken automatically (my backup app) for last five days at 4:00 am --} couldn't restore saying "null" :.(
Then I found that accidentally I had disabled a service called "contacts storage".
I enabled it and opened "contacts" --- Magic !!!.... it loaded all contacts with names and pictures set.

Thought of sharing my experience.. it could be useful to someone in the similar issue..

All the best.

TitanToo

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I did this and now I have no contacts. Even tried to sync each account manually. The contacts are still in my accounts on line but won't sync to the phone. I have now wasted 2 hours of my precious time on this ridiculously stupid problem. Aaaaargh this is sooooo frustrating. Please can someone help me!

Richard Bull

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Huawei Honor 6. The solution suggested works, but it comes back repeatedly.

I am thinking I have too many (8000) google contacts syncing? Why would it keep repeating?

Zaki Abdulrahim

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
FOUND IT!
Using the tabs at the top for ALL (apps), find “Contacts Storage” (NOT “Contacts”), select it, then choose “Clear Data” and OK.
Go into your contacts and they should start to sync (or check the Account Properties for the Google Account and do a sync)

scheumanrj

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
FOUND IT!

Thanks billystampe! This cleared up all of my contact issues (duplicates, ActiveSync not workings, etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton