I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 back in March from Sprint. About a month later, I decided to set up the fingerswipe lock on my phone. A few days later, I noticed that the phone had started acting strange. It would freeze for a couple of seconds no matter what I was doing, display just my wall paper, and then go back to the locked screen, where I would have to unlock the phone. I had gone back to Sprint to have it looked over, and they said that the issue would be resolved by performing a factory reset. I listened to them and performed the reset. I had reinstalled everything, and again, the issue kept on going, except this time around, a new update had come out that had screwed something up with the fingerprint swipe. It had lost my registered fingerprint, and would not unlock unless I used the backup password. Funny enough, when I went into settings to remove my fingerprint lock, it had asked for my backup password. When I used it, the phone claimed that the password was incorrect..yet that same password unlocked my phone. I went back to Sprint to show them the issue, and again, I was told to factory reset. I did it again, and decided this time around, not to install all any apps and to leave the phone as close to stock factory settings as possible. Although I did this, the phone still kept on giving me the same exact issue. I am just wondering if anyone else out there is having this same problem? I really dont know what else to do, I've asked Sprint to replace the phone, but they refuse to comply, and I've even contacted Samsung, but have yet to hear back from them.
    10-01-2015 03:21 PM
    If you're on 5.1.1....then its a common issue with the Note 4, using fingerprint scanner. No way to beat it, unless you disable the fingerprint scanner....by means of just using another unlock method.

No way around it, until samsung puts out an update for the carriers.
    10-01-2015 03:49 PM
    If u login online to the Samsung find my mobile thing there is an option unlock my screen
    findmymobile.samsung.com
    It removed the finger print lock

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-01-2015 05:10 PM