Note 4 5.1.1 Issues

Nauman Ali1

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Same problem as DrGoober said, ever since i have updated my Samsung galaxy note 4 to android 5.1.1 it keeps on freezing, while unlocking in my case i also use the finger print and yes it unlocks but sometimes just shows a black screen until i dont press the home key again, while using different applictons usually games (games storage is in my sd card) it would automatically lock it self but then once unlocked again it works completely fine for the rest of the time. Except for the freezing and the locking problem sometimes voice recording, and even in video recording (FHD, and FHD 60ps normal mode NOT slow or fast motion mode) it sometimes just wont have any sound in the videos. this happenes 40% of the time, i record lots or videos. (All of my photos and videos are in the phone memory Not in the sd card). Other than that 60% of the time when i am receiving a call the phone basically just freezes and yes it rings an vibrates and even shows the incoming call on my Samsing Gear S but doesnt not show the incoming call on the phone screen. All these problems have started to occur after the Android 5.1.1 update. Any solutions? plz guys It will be very helpful:):):)

jetsetwilly74

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue after the 5.1.1 upgrade. A complete wipe and reset failed to fix it. A samsung Vodafone update arrived ota today and it's now fixed.
n910fxxu1coj3

NeilPatel1999

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I am having the same problem on my Galaxy Note 4 on O2 UK after the 5.1.1 update. It's really bugging me as well because its turned my phone chaotic but I think that it's just the software update that has made all the problems occur. I'm not sure if I should but I'm thinking of flashing it down back to 5.0.1 because I had no problems with that.

Pdstring

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Recently updated my Note 4 to lollipop 5.1.1
I'm on O2 UK and updated to 5.1.1 on the 26/09/15 and have been having issues ever since.

Since the update to 5.1.1 the phone has been freezing a lot.
When trying to unlock the phone (after it has been left for a few minuets) it is unresponsive. It takes about 30 seconds for it to come to unlock before the screen promptly goes black and then comes back on. Once i scan my finger into the phone it unlocks and works, although sometimes and I am left with just my background photo for a further 20 seconds before the phone will start working.
When plugging the phone into charge it will freeze up lock itself and become unresponsive for several seconds before working again.
Phone will also become unresponsive when existing some applications.
And today the the phone will no recognise my micro SD card (may be unrelated to update)
My Dad is also having similar problems with his Note 4

Anyone else having any similar problems since the 5.1.1 update?

Pdstring

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue and another issue where a error message" touch wiz has stopped working" and now my battery is dead in about 2 hours after being removed from the charger. 2 weeks ago, my battery would last for about 6 or 7 hours. To say the least, im very pissed. Samsung will deny any wrong doing. Honestly, after basically throwing VR users under the bus on the most recent release(note 5), I will seriously consider moving to a different manufacturer for phones. Our phones are important pieces of tech that need to be reliable, I could have waited for them to work out the bugs before releasing it to the public. To you folks that say your phone is fine (good for you).

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My suggestion....do a factory reset of the phone. Nobody wants to do it, but sometimes, after large updates...problems occur, that can only be fixed by a factory reset. Sorry, but I think that's your only logical choice. Other than going into recover mode, and clearing cache partition to see if that helps.

Yup, that's exactly what I did after clearing the cache didn't help. My battery life was horrible and it's all good now after factory reset. Phone is much better than on 5.0.1, that's for sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a question. My wife got a notification to ugrade to 5.1.1 and she upgraded. We have the same phones bought on the same day and the same account (Verizon). I never got a notification so I went into settings to check and I upgraded also. Now I'm getting a notification to upgrade to5.1.1 and I can't get rid of the notification. What gives ? How do I get rid of it or should I go through the process all over again ?

Also the "ok google" feature works now with the upgrade but I still can't get the voice "answer" feature to answer phone calls. Does anyone have a clue ?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The 5.1.1 notification may because there was a security update after the 5.1.1 update. Just guessing though.

Helena Lynch

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Recently updated my Note 4 to lollipop 5.1.1
I'm on O2 UK and updated to 5.1.1 on the 26/09/15 and have been having issues ever since.

Since the update to 5.1.1 the phone has been freezing a lot.
When trying to unlock the phone (after it has been left for a few minuets) it is unresponsive. It takes about 30 seconds for it to come to unlock before the screen promptly goes black and then comes back on. Once i scan my finger into the phone it unlocks and works, although sometimes and I am left with just my background photo for a further 20 seconds before the phone will start working.
When plugging the phone into charge it will freeze up lock itself and become unresponsive for several seconds before working again.
Phone will also become unresponsive when existing some applications.
And today the the phone will no recognise my micro SD card (may be unrelated to update)
My Dad is also having similar problems with his Note 4

Anyone else having any similar problems since the 5.1.1 update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae