Note 4 5.1.1 Issues

DrGoober

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Recently updated my Note 4 to lollipop 5.1.1
I'm on O2 UK and updated to 5.1.1 on the 26/09/15 and have been having issues ever since.

Since the update to 5.1.1 the phone has been freezing a lot.
When trying to unlock the phone (after it has been left for a few minuets) it is unresponsive. It takes about 30 seconds for it to come to unlock before the screen promptly goes black and then comes back on. Once i scan my finger into the phone it unlocks and works, although sometimes and I am left with just my background photo for a further 20 seconds before the phone will start working.
When plugging the phone into charge it will freeze up lock itself and become unresponsive for several seconds before working again.
Phone will also become unresponsive when existing some applications.
And today the the phone will no recognise my micro SD card (may be unrelated to update)
My Dad is also having similar problems with his Note 4

Anyone else having any similar problems since the 5.1.1 update?

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I understand that clearing the cache in recovery might be helpful. I do it after every update and it's been fine.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Disable FingerPrint Scan (Use Pattern or Password) This should fix your issues. Then wait for update from Carrier that will fix the known issue on 5.1.1 with fingerprint scanner.

Good Luck!

MarLa Salagantin

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi there ! Im glad im in 5.1 version recently and now I am facing this issues, I can't fast charge anymore.. I never had problem with my 5.0.1.. have you heard that issues? I am so worried now :(

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there ! Im glad im in 5.1 version recently and now I am facing this issues, I can't fast charge anymore.. I never had problem with my 5.0.1.. have you heard that issues? I am so worried now :(

My suggestion....do a factory reset of the phone. Nobody wants to do it, but sometimes, after large updates...problems occur, that can only be fixed by a factory reset. Sorry, but I think that's your only logical choice. Other than going into recover mode, and clearing cache partition to see if that helps.

cheema_amrit

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
HI,

In order to clear the cache:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Hold the volume up key + home key + power key at the same time.
3. Use the volume keys to select wipe cache partition and press power key to select the option.
4. Reboot
This should resolve most of the issues.

But I would suggest that you backup all your data and factory reset your phone by pressing the power, volume up and home keys.
That should resolve all the issues.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1

David Askew

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a lot of issues after going to 5.0.1, was told to factory reset and if that wouldn't work, they'd send me a new phone.
I started to uninstall numerous app updates done after the switch and that cleared it up.
Doing a reset is almost as bad as losing your phone,,,,

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams