Here is my dilemma:

I charge the phone overnight every evening and start the day with 100%.
    It seems that many work days by the time I am about ready to head home on the train from a day's work my Note4's charge is down to around 20-30%. That may not be enough to use the phone to browse with comfortable display brightness during a 45 minute train ride.

The other factor is I use a cheap $10 wallet-book style case that the phone snaps into. It's a fake leather with cheap hard plastic to clip the phone. I seem to have to replace those cases about every 6 months because the plastic breaks, and that is without me removing the phone very often, maybe once a month. Because it's hard plastic it takes a little effort to remove the phone from the case if I want to take it out and get to the back of the phone to swap out a battery.

I have ordered the Samsung battery charger and extra battery which is probably coming in the next few days but as I think about it might not be the best solution.

Here are my options:
    - When I see a low battery charge as I am about to head home, I swap in the battery from the charger. It will take a minute, and probably wear out the folio case quicker than every six months. Plus I am not sure how the Note4's thin rear cover on the phone will hold up. I wonder how many snaps the rear cover has been designed for. The snap features of the design are really small. 100 times? 1000 times?

- Buy a bigger battery and protective case that extends the battery life significantly. I really like the wallet style - book fold style of case. I find it really protects the glass from scratching in my pocket and I've dropped the phone a few times and seems to add a lot of cushioning. So if I get a new style case with a bigger battery it will probably be somewhat protective but maybe not as much as the wallet style case. Plus the bigger battery/case product that I have seen doubles the weight of the phone making it pretty heavy and bulky.

- Try to charge the phone during the day. Probably not an option. I am away from my desk a lot and using the phone for one thing or another while away.

- Use a battery back to attach to the phone. I had one that I got as a freebee at a tradeshow a few years ago and it didn't work and I tossed it (in the battery recycling bin at work) a while back. Maybe they work better now.

- Try to lower the battery usage with settings and options. I've read some of the tips and tricks for doing that and have tried the simple ones but haven't analyzed how well they are helping.

What other thoughts do people have for this? THX.
    10-03-2015 07:21 AM
    Cancel your Samsung order. Save your money. Get 2 batteries plus a wall charger for $25.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q4N...cUvbUpU4726173

The Anker batteries are great. No issues with them or the wall charger.

I've taken my Note 4 back off at least twice a day in the last 4 months. So that is about 250 times. I've not seen any issues. If you do have a problem with the back cover, just buy a new one. They are cheap.
    10-03-2015 11:31 AM
    The back of the phone will hold up changing the battery out. The back is polycarbonate.
    10-03-2015 11:37 AM
    The back of the phone will hold up changing the battery out. The back is polycarbonate.

And...the backs are pretty cheap too! :-D

note 4 back cover oem | eBay
    10-03-2015 12:15 PM
    Here is my dilemma:

I charge the phone overnight every evening and start the day with 100%.
    It seems that many work days by the time I am about ready to head home on the train from a day's work my Note4's charge is down to around 20-30%. That may not be enough to use the phone to browse with comfortable display brightness during a 45 minute train ride.

The other factor is I use a cheap $10 wallet-book style case that the phone snaps into. It's a fake leather with cheap hard plastic to clip the phone. I seem to have to replace those cases about every 6 months because the plastic breaks, and that is without me removing the phone very often, maybe once a month. Because it's hard plastic it takes a little effort to remove the phone from the case if I want to take it out and get to the back of the phone to swap out a battery.

I have ordered the Samsung battery charger and extra battery which is probably coming in the next few days but as I think about it might not be the best solution.

Here are my options:
    - When I see a low battery charge as I am about to head home, I swap in the battery from the charger. It will take a minute, and probably wear out the folio case quicker than every six months. Plus I am not sure how the Note4's thin rear cover on the phone will hold up. I wonder how many snaps the rear cover has been designed for. The snap features of the design are really small. 100 times? 1000 times?

- Buy a bigger battery and protective case that extends the battery life significantly. I really like the wallet style - book fold style of case. I find it really protects the glass from scratching in my pocket and I've dropped the phone a few times and seems to add a lot of cushioning. So if I get a new style case with a bigger battery it will probably be somewhat protective but maybe not as much as the wallet style case. Plus the bigger battery/case product that I have seen doubles the weight of the phone making it pretty heavy and bulky.

- Try to charge the phone during the day. Probably not an option. I am away from my desk a lot and using the phone for one thing or another while away.

- Use a battery back to attach to the phone. I had one that I got as a freebee at a tradeshow a few years ago and it didn't work and I tossed it (in the battery recycling bin at work) a while back. Maybe they work better now.

- Try to lower the battery usage with settings and options. I've read some of the tips and tricks for doing that and have tried the simple ones but haven't analyzed how well they are helping.

What other thoughts do people have for this? THX.
    I carry a Caseology spare battery with me at all times. On trips, I carry 2 plus the charger..

I am 75, and I have my Note 4 in a Spigen Tough Armour case. I can swap out batteries in less then 15 seconds. Tough Armour case, and the back of the Note 4, takes it all in stride, and no signs of even the slightest hint of failure.

However, I am super careful when I have my Note 4 out the protective case. Don't ever want my baby to drop while naked!
    10-03-2015 12:33 PM
    For an external pack something like this would be great :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4726300

I've had good luck with Anker, but not this model. This one has Qualcomm quick charge support which may be a great way to get you up to a decent charge level on your commute home.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 12:45 PM
    The Samsung charger and battery arrived so I'll keep it.

Good info about the 250 times.

I've been thinking about this more and decided to buy another small external battery and have it charged up ready to go at work and for those days that I need more juice at the end of the day use it for the train ride.

I will keep the bigger Samson battery and charger at home for the mornings when I have forgotten to charge the phone the night before and need a whole day's charge. I'm going to try this.
    10-04-2015 11:55 PM
    For an external pack something like this would be great :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4729776

I've had good luck with Anker, but not this model. This one has Qualcomm quick charge support which may be a great way to get you up to a decent charge level on your commute home.

IMO, the external charger helps, but you still have to charge, along with some bulk. .With the spare battery, you back to 100% in a few seconds, plus a spare batter is almost as thin as a dollar bill, no bulk...
    10-05-2015 03:50 AM
    IMO, the external charger helps, but you still have to charge, along with some bulk. .With the spare battery, you back to 100% in a few seconds, plus a spare batter is almost as thin as a dollar bill, no bulk...
    A spare battery is not even close to a a thin as a dollar bill.
    muzzy996 likes this.
    10-05-2015 06:14 AM
    My biggest problem with a spare battery is that because I am using a wallet style case it takes a longer to get the back of the phone off. And while we now know that the Note's back cover is tough enough to last I know the plastic clip in the wallet case cracks too easily.
    10-05-2015 10:01 AM
    Personally I carry both when I travel, but the OP had concerns over removing the case and also noted that in the past they had bad luck with another external battery, thus the recommendation for a better external one.

10-05-2015 10:13 AM
    A spare battery is not even close to a a thin as a dollar bill.
    OOPS, I meant to say a 2 Dollar Bill, they be thicker!
    Cmlael likes this.
    10-05-2015 01:10 PM
    This what I use... Has a fast charge as well
    USB External Battery Pack 20000mAh 5V/2.1A (Black Limefuel Lite LP200X) Charger with Flashlight for iPad, Mini, iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, LG G2, G3, MOTO X, G, E https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OHZVN5U...cUvbUpU4730956

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 04:12 PM
    I carry 10000mAh external Anker battery in my backpack.

Besides all the pros, I can still charge many devices around (iphones as well ;-) ), use it while camping etc.

Yes it's bulky compared to note4 battery. But in the backbag together with notebook, umbrella and lots of other stuff... not a problem.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    10-05-2015 11:35 PM
    I have a zerolemon 10000 mah battery with their own TPU case. It is heavy but I got used to it. I dropped my phone off of my motorcycle at about 50 mph and it was fine! ( I got lucky)
    You will not have to worry about your battery life anymore. This thing is awesome!
    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Rocko likes this.
    10-07-2015 11:06 PM
    Buy a solar power bank from China. I bought a 12000mAh from a shop in China and I have been pretty impressed with it thus far. The solar panel on the front help charge the power bank up though it takes a long time. You can get them off email pretty cheaply. Or if you have any family or friends visiting from China they can buy them for you from Toabao or Toaboa and bring them with them.

50000mAh Portable Super Solar Charger Dual USB External Battery Power Bank Black | eBay
    10-09-2015 09:57 AM
    I have a zerolemon 10000 mah battery with their own TPU case. It is heavy but I got used to it. I dropped my phone off of my motorcycle at about 50 mph and it was fine! ( I got lucky)
    You will not have to worry about your battery life anymore. This thing is awesome!

Do they only make the 10,000mah? I really like the brand.
    10-09-2015 10:37 AM
    Buy a solar power bank from China. I bought a 12000mAh from a shop in China and I have been pretty impressed with it thus far. The solar panel on the front help charge the power bank up though it takes a long time. You can get them off email pretty cheaply. Or if you have any family or friends visiting from China they can buy them for you from Toabao or Toaboa and bring them with them.

50000mAh Portable Super Solar Charger Dual USB External Battery Power Bank Black | eBay
    A long time? I am thinking weeks in full sunlight.
    10-09-2015 10:38 AM
    1.5W solar panel converted to 5V means 0.3A peak, assuming 100% solar cell efficiency and no conversion losses. Realistically, that gives you about 1-1.5Ah per day with conversion losses and the fact that "peak sun" isn't going to be available for more than a few hours a day, assuming a sunny day. So, yeah, 30-50 sunny days.

That's assuming this is really a 1.5W solar panel, of course. There are two ways you can fit 50Ah@5V into a battery pack that size. No way, and no @!#$ way. So they are already lying about battery capacity. That's, at best, a 12-15Ah pack, and probably 10Ah.

Still, even if you got a half-amp-hour a day and it was a 10Ah pack, assuming it held up that's not a terrible price for a 10Ah pack. Given that there are no reviews and even on eBay the seller is only able to manage a 92% approval rating, I'd not place any bets on it holding up.
    10-09-2015 11:34 AM
    The other option is you can plug it into the wall or into another USB power source to charge it out. The solar charging stats on mine is 5V/200mA

This is mine:
    10-09-2015 01:24 PM
    I think so

10-09-2015 01:47 PM