Hello Everyone,

I finally received the notice for 5.1.1 update for my note 4. I was wondering if I should update the firmware through samsung kies 3 or use the system update.
    I want to do a factory reset after updating my note 4 which I have read can improve performance or solve any issues.
    If anyone knows about this, please advice.
    How did you guys update your note kies 3 or system update?
    Did you factory reset after update?

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-03-2015 02:43 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I finally received the notice for 5.1.1 update for my note 4. I was wondering if I should update the firmware through samsung kies 3 or use the system update.
    I want to do a factory reset after updating my note 4 which I have read can improve performance or solve any issues.
    If anyone knows about this, please advice.
    How did you guys update your note kies 3 or system update?
    Did you factory reset after update?

Thanks in advance for your help

What carrier are you on? And I'd first clear the cache partition before you do a factory reset

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    10-03-2015 02:52 PM
    I am with bell Canada.

10-03-2015 02:58 PM
    I'm with ATT and I'm pretty sure we'll be among the last to get it. Seems like every time I See a thread about 5.1.1 it will be in another country. So I'm just going to patiently wait for it. I'm actually running fine on what we have now, so in no hurry for it. Although it would be nice to get it some time soon!
    10-03-2015 03:18 PM
    I'm with ATT and I'm pretty sure we'll be among the last to get it. Seems like every time I See a thread about 5.1.1 it will be in another country. So I'm just going to patiently wait for it. I'm actually running fine on what we have now, so in no hurry for it. Although it would be nice to get it some time soon!
    I'm with Verizon and feel the same way. Not having any issues right now, but the 5.1.1 update would be a nice thing to have.

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    10-03-2015 03:25 PM
    My note 4 came with 5.1.1. BUT i can tell you with my other devices i always used the OTA method first.
    Use the device for a few days after the update. Then make a decision if you need to wipe cache. For many people going from 5.0.x to 5.1.1 is a non issue. For some it requires clearing the system cache and for others they need a complete hard reset.
    I for one take my time. For example on my M8 it was a great phone on 4.4.4 but when it went to 5.0.2 it sucked. I hard reset and still sucked. I ended up having to convert it to a GPe unit. Then 5.1.x was awesome.
    On my Note 3 i had the opposite effect. 4.4.x it was an ok phone. But 5.0.1 made my note 3 run so much better.
    So really you are the one who needs to make the decision. If it runs hot, sluggish or worse compared to what you had before then try to fix it.
    But if you have not gotten the update yet i wouldnt worry over something that hasnt happened yet.
    10-03-2015 04:48 PM
    My brother's Note 4 after the LP update needed a cache wipe in recovery... he was having battery issues. So far his phone operates without issues after the wipe. Personally, I always cache wipe and factory reset my phone. IAmSixNine's advice is sound.
    IAmSixNine likes this.
    10-03-2015 07:36 PM
    I wiped cache and it was good. But then I wiped phone now it's great

10-04-2015 02:32 AM