Hi,

Just wondering what would be the best way to mirror a Note 4 to various different TV's. My Note 4 is currently running on 4.5.1.

I have been told Chromecast is a good option however I am not sure whether this would work on my Note 4. An Mhl cable is an option however I would prefer it to be wireless.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!
    10-08-2015 10:53 AM
    I think Chromecast is the easiest way. IMHO it's a pretty cool toy for $40.

Posted via the Android Central App
    pduffer likes this.
    10-08-2015 01:58 PM
    Get smartTV's in your house first and just connect to them using the Intel WiDi app on google play. If you don't have smartTVs then get Chromecast. Btw why are using Android 4.5.1? 5.0.1 works great on Chromecast.
    10-08-2015 03:00 PM
    Apologies I am running 5.1.1

Will Chromecast work on my Note 4? My Wifi signal varies throughout the house will this affect the mirroring much if the signal isn't as strong?

The TV's in my house aren't smart so is a Chromecast a better option than an MHL cable?
    10-09-2015 03:48 AM
    Get smartTV's in your house first and just connect to them using the Intel WiDi app on google play. If you don't have smartTVs then get Chromecast. Btw why are using Android 4.5.1? 5.0.1 works great on Chromecast.
    I read this thread last night and boy what a waste of time. This app got a good rating, but I spent the better part of an hour or so just trying to log in. It kept telling me my password was wrong. After Multiple attempts and yes, the password was correct, it still wouldn't let me in to get to try it. I spent the rest of the night trying different apps. I have an older 46" TOSHIBA smart tv that is DLNA capable, so was using some of the apps associated with that and even had problems with those. I just gave up on it. Not worth the waste of time. I'm not going to buy a new smart tv just to work with my phone. It's nice to have and have had it with the same tv on previous Note phones, just not with the Note 4. Wish they still made the app SKIFTA, because that app I was able to use.
    10-09-2015 11:36 PM
    I read this thread last night and boy what a waste of time. This app got a good rating, but I spent the better part of an hour or so just trying to log in. It kept telling me my password was wrong. After Multiple attempts and yes, the password was correct, it still wouldn't let me in to get to try it. I spent the rest of the night trying different apps. I have an older 46" TOSHIBA smart tv that is DLNA capable, so was using some of the apps associated with that and even had problems with those. I just gave up on it. Not worth the waste of time. I'm not going to buy a new smart tv just to work with my phone. It's nice to have and have had it with the same tv on previous Note phones, just not with the Note 4. Wish they still made the app SKIFTA, because that app I was able to use.
    I connect to my LG without any issues. Maybe there is an issue with the Toshiba TV?
    02-09-2016 10:45 AM
    I use Chromecast with my Note 4 and Note Pro 12.2 to cast to my Vizio quite often. Works great.
    02-09-2016 01:04 PM
    I have a Samsung SmartTV (pretty inexpensive TV) and I just use Miracast (also known as "Screen Mirroring" under the "Connections" menu in settings).

Chromecast is much more functional, and works with pretty much any Android device and any TV capable of taking HDMI-in. On the other hand, Miracast is already built into your phone, and is most likely built into most "Smart" TVs sold in the last few years.

As far as signal goes (since you mentioned that most of yours were not Smart TVs), Chromecast uses an existing WiFi connection, so your TV and phone do not need to be anywhere near each other, but both need to get good WiFi signal on the same wireless network. So if one or other devices are in an area where the WiFi signal from your access point is weak, you're gonna have a bad time.

Miracast makes a peer-to-peer WiFi connection directly between the TV and the phone - no external router required. So the phone cannot really be too far away from the TV, but you don't need a good WiFi signal from your router to make Miracast/"Screen Mirroring" work.

Except, of course, that most of the media you want to stream is on the Internet so the phone still probably needs an Internet connection.
    huntnyc likes this.
    02-09-2016 05:35 PM
    I connect to my LG without any issues. Maybe there is an issue with the Toshiba TV?
    I actually ended up buying Chromecast and had no problems. I no longer have my Note 4, but solved everything when I did have it. I don't know what the problem was with the app or the TV, but now it's not a problem with Chromecast.
    02-10-2016 11:31 PM
    I use the roku stick with the mirror cast and haven't had any issues with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-11-2016 09:39 PM
    I use an Amazon Fire Stick and the phones stock mirroring app... Haven't had any problems with it this way...
    02-13-2016 11:32 AM
    Chromecast works for me, but I had latency issues with videos when I was using some time ago. That said I believe it's been updated to work better since then and if your wifi is solid it should be great. Other than that Mhl is headache free if you can tuck all the stuff out of sight.
    02-13-2016 12:48 PM
    I use an Amazon Fire Stick and the phones stock mirroring app... Haven't had any problems with it this way...
    Yep, I ditto that, I use firestick through my wireless net at home to access the native screen mirroring on my note 4. 😙I use it to view topo maps with BC Nav to plan outdoors/ hunting trips... Works like a charm! With 5.1.1 almost zero lag time. Also lots of other stuff you can do with the stick and Amazon Prime, but I don't care about that, just the mirror.
    03-09-2016 11:53 PM