Wind Mobile, Rogers, Telus, and Bell are all rolling out 5.1.1 for the Note 4. My update is 735.93MB.

I have been looking forward to this update for some time. Let's hope it was worth it!

lol
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    10-08-2015 12:55 PM
    Still waiting on Rogers....

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2015 01:01 PM
    I guess WIND Mobile is first again. But I read online that it's been rolled out across Canada right now at the big 3. My guess is Rogers wants to take their time as they don't want mess like they had with 5.0.1

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...-1-update.html
    10-08-2015 02:01 PM
    Got it. Iam on Wind. Feels a lot snappier and a bit smoother
    10-08-2015 06:10 PM
    I am with Bell Canada and got the 5.1.1 update on October 2nd.
    I am quite happy so far with 5.1.1. Very snappy, no lag or issues.

10-08-2015 06:19 PM
    I am with Bell Canada and got the 5.1.1 update on October 2nd.
    I am quite happy so far with 5.1.1. Very snappy, no lag or issues.

You should check out Settings -> More networks -> Mobile networks -> Network operators.

With OS 5.0.1 when I use to go there my phone would start to detect which networks were available, not it only gives me the options to search networks and select automatically.

Also this is a bit off topic. But the S6 and OS 5.1.1 has an issue on the Telus (and likely other networks) that phones were dropping calls because there was an OS bug that wasn't allowing the phone to switch from LTE to 4G for calls. If you didn't know this already LTE is data only unit we get to LTE Advanced. So when you get a phone call the phone is switching from LTE to 4G. Now the carriers might be allowing you to do LTE amongst other users on the same network using LTE voice/data but outside their network its 4G, anyhow its not a true LTE service. I am not sure if this is going to be a problem with the any of the older phones running OS 5.1.1 and switching from LTE to 4G.

I have WIND Mobile so I only see 4G all the time.
    10-09-2015 10:52 AM
    Nothing on rogers yet ...

10-10-2015 12:21 AM
    Nothing on rogers yet ...

And still nothing...

10-18-2015 05:54 PM
    Downloading a 735mb update right now on Rogers. It must be 5.1.1 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

10-23-2015 03:16 PM
    It is 5.1.1

Finally.

๐Ÿ˜€

10-23-2015 04:04 PM
    How is 5.1.1 ? What are the major noticeable changes with Rogers? Has battery life improved?

10-23-2015 06:53 PM
    I've only had it for a few hours so can't tell if the battery is better yet. I will report back after a full day at work tomorrow.
    The phone is much snappier in general. There is zero lag with the recent apps button now as well.

10-23-2015 07:49 PM
    Downloading a 735mb update right now on Rogers. It must be 5.1.1

Downloading now, looking forward to see how this works for me.
    10-24-2015 04:47 AM
    Installed on Friday. Seems to have better battery life (when used and when on standby), runs smoothly, and "recent apps" open really quickly.

10-24-2015 11:58 PM
    I've had it for a few days now and the battery life is definitely better. I'd say it's about 20% better all around. The phone is much quicker and smoother now too. Feels like the phone I got a year ago that impressed the heck outta me. If you haven't done the update on Rogers yet do it you will be happy.

10-25-2015 07:31 AM
    Should I be doing a factory reset? I got the update last night, but really don't want to reset the phone. Especially since I did one a couple weeks back when I had issues with a virus/malware.

10-26-2015 02:08 AM
    I haven't done a factory reset since updating to 5.1.1. The phone is faster smoother and the battery is lasting longer. I don't see the need to do one at the moment.

10-26-2015 06:57 AM
    Is it just my phone or does anyone have this issue where in text messages the names don't show up. Only the number.

Anyone know how to fix? Still says contact list being updated.

10-26-2015 02:21 PM
    I've never had that problem. It sounds like something that clearing the cache might help. App cache and cache partition is what I'd try first.

10-27-2015 10:10 AM
    Just did it. Better than before and I notice an improvement with battery life compared to before. My BT is always on since I'm connected with my Samsung Gear Live and on occasion my wireless headphones.
    We'll see about app cache too. But for now running good.

10-27-2015 10:19 AM
    Updated my Rogers Note 4 to 5.1.1 the other day and now my vibration pattern changes don't work.

I had all the other prior Lollipop updates and before the stock messaging app would do a single long vibrate and all other apps had a double pulse. This was wonderful; however, now they are all double pulse and I can't differentiate and it's really annoying.

I tried changing the pattern in settings, and it doesn't follow any of them, tried clearing the cache on messaging, tried a full system cache reset, no luck. Tried variations on priority and in app notification/vibration settings and cannot get it to do anything other than nothing or double pulse.

Anyone else have this? Next step is to do a full wipe but I'd prefer to avoid that. Only solutions online are for 3rd party apps, I don't want do download a bunch of garbage to do what the phone already did.
    10-28-2015 12:54 PM
    Updated my Rogers Note 4 to 5.1.1 the other day and now my vibration pattern changes don't work.

I had all the other prior Lollipop updates and before the stock messaging app would do a single long vibrate and all other apps had a double pulse. This was wonderful; however, now they are all double pulse and I can't differentiate and it's really annoying.

I tried changing the pattern in settings, and it doesn't follow any of them, tried clearing the cache on messaging, tried a full system cache reset, no luck. Tried variations on priority and in app notification/vibration settings and cannot get it to do anything other than nothing or double pulse.

Anyone else have this? Next step is to do a full wipe but I'd prefer to avoid that. Only solutions online are for 3rd party apps, I don't want do download a bunch of garbage to do what the phone already did.
    Mine too.
    The vibration for text message has changed to two quick vibes. I haven't tried to change it, it doesn't bother me that it changed. Hope you can sort it out.

10-28-2015 01:02 PM
    I need a fix on my vibrations now too. I had everything set to certain patterns now I don't know.

The only one that stayed the same is my custom vibration pattern.

10-30-2015 12:10 PM
    Wind Mobile, Rogers, Telus, and Bell are all rolling out 5.1.1 for the Note 4. My update is 735.93MB.

I have been looking forward to this update for some time. Let's hope it was worth it!

lol
    Sweet!

I've had 5.1.1 for about 2months now and loving it.
    10-30-2015 03:12 PM