Facebook App Low Image Resolution?

bladerealm124

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I noticed recently when viewing images on the Facebook app they are super low resolution (720x479). I previously would upload images directly to Instagram from Facebook but I now find them far too low res to do so. When did Facebook implement this change to the app and is there any way to reverse it or use an older version? Images viewed on the Facebook mobile and desktop sites are full resolution (2048px width) but all images on the app are now shown at a lower resolution. This is with a Verizon Galaxy Note 4 and the same appeared true on my girlfriends T-Mobile Note 4.

bladerealm124

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The strange part is that this just started with the app recently but isn't actually changing the size of the photo when viewed on the desktop or photo site, only photos viewed through the app. This not only makes it more difficult to upload pictures directly to instagram but also all images viewed on the Facebook app look like crap

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have this turned on in the app for photos? I'm on beta Facebook and I'm not noticing any issues with photos.

Attachments

• 1444407515085.jpg
    1444407515085.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 14

bladerealm124

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have this turned on in the app for photos? I'm on beta Facebook and I'm not noticing any issues with photos.

What device are you using? Can you confirm the resolution of photos viewed on the app are exactly the same compared to the desktop or mobile site by saving/downloading and checking properties? I am wondering if rolling back to a previous version would resolve this

szutsgy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
After a year, the situation is the same.
I have a Galaxy S3, my mother has a cheap Windows phone. Recently someone uploaded a group photo, and if I downloaded it on both devices, the android version is so low res, if I zoom in, cant see myself, it has unrecognisable faces. Saved on Windows phone its full resolution.
And no, its not the upload quality, what is low res....
Could somebody advise some settings?

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded photos from FB app show up same high resolution for me - I don't see a setting in the app to change downloaded image's quality