My T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 was working fine until maybe an hour ago. This phone is already a replacement since my previous galaxy note 4 had broken. This phone is just a week into regular usage, no rooting, everything is stock and no apps installed other than some social networking apps. It turns on, starts the boot up process, then dies and becomes unresponsive. I have already wiped cache partition and factory reset, but nothing has helped it stay on long enough to even reach the lock screen. The only way to get the phone to do something after it becomes unresponsive is to remove and insert the battery and turn on the phone again.
    10-09-2015 12:48 AM
    Even though you say you don't have many apps installed, it could still be an app. Have you tried starting the phone in Safe Mode? It could also be a bad SD card. You might want to pull it and see if it helps. If the phone still gives you trouble, you might need to get it replaced again.
    10-09-2015 05:31 AM
    I cant even get it into safe mode, ive tried this with and without my SD card inside the phone, usually the screen goes black during the tmobile screen on start up. Ive managed to do a factory reset, but now, the phone dies while its optimizing apps.
    10-09-2015 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the help nahoku, im not sure exactly what happened, but after powering it on for the 20th time, it decided to get past the start up sequence, past the optimizing apps and now im in the setup as a new phone, i guess ill say the issue is solved then.
    10-09-2015 08:41 AM
    You're welcome, although I didn't do anything! That's too weird, and a bit worrisome. Is the phone in warranty? You might think about getting it replaced. Also, you might consider disabling Playstore auto updates, if not already disabled. It might have had something to do with the delay in optimizing apps.
    10-09-2015 07:42 PM