693mb update on ATT note 4

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've been waiting for this update for a while. Downloading it now. I wasn't able to forward calls after the 5.0.1 update. I hope 5.1.1 fixes that but the download is slow as frozen molasses.

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys it gave a new life to this phone...definitely lots of performance optimizations.. happy so far.

Do we know what is new in terms of features?

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting for this update for a while. Downloading it now. I wasn't able to forward calls after the 5.0.1 update. I hope 5.1.1 fixes that but the download is slow as frozen molasses.

Don't worry once you get it you will love it my n4 edge had almost slowed to a crawl . So I had stop using it . Got a gs6 edge plus as my daily driver. But after the 5.1 wow what a difference a download makes love it all over again

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, poo. Update went great, I'm on 5.1.1, but ... the fingerprint scanner still doesn't work with MobileIron. :'(
I'm sure it's more of an administrator issue, not the update itself. I just checked mine while downloading the update and I only have a choice of PIN or password, no fingerprint.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I received the update 5.1.1 on AT&T Note 4 so far it's working good. Can anyone tell me what's new? Thank you

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a AT&T unlocked Note 4 on Metro Pcs.

It won't update unless you insert a AT&T sim. It's unlocked, but it will only updates on their network. I bought one of these Note 4 for my wife, and found out the hard way. Much harder because we're not in the US!

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
It won't update unless you insert a AT&T sim. It's unlocked, but it will only updates on their network. I bought one of these Note 4 for my wife, and found out the hard way. Much harder because we're not in the US!

But does it have to an AT&T SIM that's turned on or can it be an old inactive one?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it's more of an administrator issue, not the update itself. I just checked mine while downloading the update and I only have a choice of PIN or password, no fingerprint.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

5.0.1 had Knox 2.3, and MobileIron claimed that they supported the fingerprint reader on Knox 2.4 and above. 5.1.1 has Knox 2.4.1. So I had hoped it would finally work. Alas... no. I have a co-worker with a Note 5 and it worked out of the box for him. I also had it working for a short time once I upgraded to Lollipop, but I did a factory reset and it jiggled some bit or other that blocked it again.

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm open to being corrected, but I don't think I've seen this in the thread so far. I got the notice on Sunday afternoon that "an update" was being downloaded (I'm on 5.0.1, so I presume that this is 5.1.1). I left the wi-fi for a while, but came back so about midnight, it finished downloading and tried to install but failed about 1% into the install. I figured it was the attempt to do the download in two parts, so it tried again last night: downloaded all in one attempt but still failed about 1% into the install. I'm running the Google Launcher (not TouchWiz). Is this the issue? Surely it's not that dumb... Any other ideas? Is it going to continue to try ad nauseum? TIA!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm open to being corrected, but I don't think I've seen this in the thread so far. I got the notice on Sunday afternoon that "an update" was being downloaded (I'm on 5.0.1, so I presume that this is 5.1.1). I left the wi-fi for a while, but came back so about midnight, it finished downloading and tried to install but failed about 1% into the install. I figured it was the attempt to do the download in two parts, so it tried again last night: downloaded all in one attempt but still failed about 1% into the install. I'm running the Google Launcher (not TouchWiz). Is this the issue? Surely it's not that dumb... Any other ideas? Is it going to continue to try ad nauseum? TIA!

Go into SETTINGS / GENERAL / STORAGE and check to make sure you have plenty of space free. One easy and safe way to free up space is to tap on CACHED DATA and say "YES" to "Clear cached data?" (this will not hurt anything).

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a shot tonight, but just a question: any idea how much free space it needs? I currently have just under 7 gb free and clearing the cache should add another 6.5 gb. Does it really need that much room to install?

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll give it a shot tonight, but just a question: any idea how much free space it needs? I currently have just under 7 gb free and clearing the cache should add another 6.5 gb. Does it really need that much room to install?

I had just over 7GB when I did the upgrade.

william63

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine came today: Downloading now: 380.28MB/693.22MB 55%
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Update Now Available For AT&T Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge
By Anvinraj Sivanandan on October 13 2015 4:20 AM EDT
(Won't let me post links because of STUPID "must have 10 posts to post links")
All done, took less than an hour. Everything seems to be working OK. I'll check for the new stuff and report back later.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea. All I've read is that it needs a AT&T Sim card in the US. Let me know if you find out.

Ok I got a new SIM from AT&T today, not activated and I still can't do the update, so I can confirm it will not work with a SIM that isn't active. Best Buy here doesn't have the update, it isn't on Kies or Smart Switch. I'm sending my Note 4 to Samsung to update, on the phone now getting the ticket done.

Samsung is also going to check to see why it isn't available on Kies, Smart Switch or Best Buy. I can't wait for them to get all that done because my phone keeps trying to connect to the AT&T servers and it freezes my phone up for about 5 minutes.

Also since you are out of the US, you should check to see if there are any Samsung stores or service centers around. Many of the other countries have Samsung stores and walk in Service centers. They will flash the update for free for you. Also at the mail on center in the US, they will remove the OS and reinstall a fresh copy for free for any Samsung phone, even put of warranty phones. If they will do that at walk in centers or Samsung stores and they have one near you, I would have them do that instead of just flashing the update. Removing the OS and putting the newest one on gives you a complete and clean install and not just an upgrade, which is always the much better thing to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463