Verizon 5.1.1 update near?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've recently found out that the AT&T note 4 has just received the 5.1.1 update. Would this suggest that Verizon isn't too far behind?

Posted from the one and only Note 4

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It's annoying how the other 3 major carriers already pushed the update already and Verizon hasn't

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It would be one thing if we were confident that VeriZon's OTAs were better and worth the wait but they aren't taking the time to work out the bug's, theyre taking longer to add bloatware..

Posted via the Android Central App

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Makes sense Alex. I just thought if it is a Samsung security update they would bypass carrier as it would effect all phones the same regardless of carrier. I don't care either way. I never panic about updates. I'll get them when I get them.
I don't know how all that works. Wouldn't the carrier be able to modify the update prior to sending it out? If so, it seems kind of pointless for the updates.

Posted via Android Central App

daiwolf

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Makes sense Alex. I just thought if it is a Samsung security update they would bypass carrier as it would effect all phones the same regardless of carrier. I don't care either way. I never panic about updates. I'll get them when I get them.
I don't know how all that works. Wouldn't the carrier be able to modify the update prior to sending it out? If so, it seems kind of pointless for the updates.

Posted via Android Central App

If it's a security update they should not have to modify it

mikeng714

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been with Verizon for almost 7 years. Have had almost every single galaxy and note lineup. Based on my previous experience, I don't anticipate an update coming for another 2 to 3 months. They're focusing on the new phones at the moment and usually wait till majority of the carriers are on board before pushing it out. Fingers cross, based on the other threads about 5.1 on the note 4, this is a much needed update for us Verizon customers.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been with Verizon for almost 7 years. Have had almost every single galaxy and note lineup. Based on my previous experience, I don't anticipate an update coming for another 2 to 3 months. They're focusing on the new phones at the moment and usually wait till majority of the carriers are on board before pushing it out. Fingers cross, based on the other threads about 5.1 on the note 4, this is a much needed update for us Verizon customers.

Valid point. I'd like to be able to keep this phone until my next available upgrade without too much slowdown, and I think this uodate will be critical in keeping my phone fast and stable.

Scott Slagle

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
This is the last carrier purchased phone I get. Waiting months for an update that provides bug fixes is not good business.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's all very frustrating. Be careful what you wish for. I find my phone to be pretty stable now. My battery life isn't what I'd expect but I am pretty sure it is due almost completely to Words With Friends but I love the game.

My point is that any update usually brings with it more bugs and things to track down and figure out than it fixes.

This is the last carrier purchased phone I get. Waiting months for an update that provides bug fixes is not good business.