01-05-2016 12:40 PM
188 1234 ...
tools
    I always have mine plugged in when updating. It didn't take very long for mine to update. My Note 4 is definitely running faster and smoother than it was before. I always wipe the cache partition after an update. I've never had to do a factory reset. Maybe it's because I haven't downloaded a lot of applications. I really can't say.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    I was getting ready for bed when I saw the update. I plugged it I and just let it go.
    I us due with FB anymore and the camera lag is MUCH improved.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    10-10-2015 10:41 AM
    The update keeps failing after it finishes downloading.. =/
    Mine does the same thing. It downloads he 600MB+ file, then it reboots, seems to enter the software download system but then reboots again before installing. I get a message that the update failed.

Been through this twice in the early AM of 10-10. Even downloaded Smart Switch on my Windows 7 PC but seems the update hasn't gotten there yet (OC6).

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 10:53 AM
    Silly thing to ask because I'm sure you guys know this, but if you're doing it OAT, is it plugged in?
    Or I could just be wrong.
    😜

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Yep. Plugged in every time. Could be a corrupted download giving a false completion. We will try 1 one more time: plugged in and jumping 5 days on the current day. (DM Server says I have to wait 89 hours).

10-10-2015 11:00 AM
    Mine updated no problem. Can anyone tell me what is new?

10-10-2015 11:14 AM
    They're slacking on the changelog but the boyfriend says his icons look clearer.

10-10-2015 01:31 PM
    Last time I checked I don't think att let you update firmware through kies. Never has with any note I've owned.

Or should I say att branded Samsung notes

10-10-2015 02:18 PM
    yeah ive downloaded it twice now both failed. the second time i actualy set my phone on airplane mode just to be sure nothing was interfering with the download. im curently trying again for a third time. hopefuly it works. if not hopefuly someone finds a fix for it.
    crusader666 likes this.
    10-10-2015 02:39 PM
    Well, I tried again. The phone pretty much bumping the router.

Set the date to 10/14 (so the DM allowed checking), downloaded the file, the phone restarted to installation: BOOM! Error at 0%

Darn!

10-10-2015 03:01 PM
    I was hoping the update would have the themes but it doesn't. I don't really see anything different appearance-wise.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 03:04 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I cleared cached data in the Settings, storage menu item and then the update worked

crusader666 likes this.
    10-10-2015 03:07 PM
    Hey guys, I had to set-up a new account because my old one was messed-up so this is in essence my first post all over again.

Anyway, question. I just last week enabled full disk encryption on my device as well as encryption for the SD card. Will the update to 5.1.1 mess with the encryption/files at all?

If I have to, I guess I can decrypt, update, then re-encrypt however I'd like to not do that if I can help it since it will take forever just to decrypt the SD alone.

Does anyone know the answer to this. I believe it will be OK however, I'm not an expert and would like someone with more knowledge to chime in. Thanks guys.

**EDIT - I'm playing it safe and am decrypting both the device and the SD card since I won't be able to update until tonight when I'm in range of WiFi however, if anyone has any knowledge of the encryption/update process, I'd still love to hear it.**
    10-10-2015 03:09 PM
    I wonder how this will work using an AT&T Note on Cricket? Now I'll be wondering if I am just late in the rollout or if it won't update at all without an AT&T sim.

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket
    10-10-2015 03:30 PM
    Mine downloaded the update while i was sleeping and i accepted once i woke up.

Overall the phone feels much faster and snappy like when i first got it, before Kitkat. The only visual change i have noticed thus far is to the notifications menu and border. I was really hoping the battery issue would be addressed but Im not seeing any changes in that regard so far. With moderate usage, I could get my Note 4 to last me two days without charging when I first got the Phone. I will cross my fingers for marshmallow. How is everyone else doing with battery life?

Overall this is a relief, I didn't want to upgrade to the note 5 and loose my expandable memory and changeable battery, but the bugs where starting to drive me nuts. Much happier with my note 4 for now.
    10-10-2015 03:31 PM
    I was hoping the update would have the themes but it doesn't. I don't really see anything different appearance-wise.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    If you're expecting different appearance, you're in bad luck. This update only helps us by improving the sluggishness from 5.0.1 and ram management.

10-10-2015 03:46 PM
    im gonna try that. third try failed unfortunately. ugh this is dumb
    crusader666 likes this.
    10-10-2015 04:10 PM
    Not good on the battery issue. First drain 54% to 0% in a second, 2nd drain 34% to 0% in a second. Any suggestions?

10-10-2015 04:24 PM
    I contacted Samsung to see if Smart Switch or Kies were getting update anytime soon since I have failed twice in OTA. They said they didn't have the update available yet and suggested I have the Samsung help desk at my local Best Buy reflash my ROM. But I'm going to attempt a 3rd time, because I did have a lot of "turn off" at&t bloatware. Hopefully that caused an issue with the update, which it hasn't caused issues Prior updates.

I have to wait another 11 hours before I can recheck updates.

crusader666 likes this.
    10-10-2015 04:49 PM
    I contacted Samsung to see if Smart Switch or Kies were getting update anytime soon since I have failed twice in OTA. They said they didn't have the update available yet and suggested I have the Samsung help desk at my local Best Buy reflash my ROM. But I'm going to attempt a 3rd time, because I did have a lot of "turn off" at&t bloatware. Hopefully that caused an issue with the update, which it hasn't caused issues Prior updates.

I have to wait another 11 hours before I can recheck updates.

I ended up changing my phone date to get the download again, but it failed again so the bloatware being turned off or on made no difference.

10-10-2015 05:46 PM
    someone had said to clear your cach data in your settings>storage i tried 3 times before and just did it a 4th time where i had cleared the data and it worked. and yeah you will have to go in to time/day settings and change your date to X hours that the prompt gives you.
    10-10-2015 05:56 PM
    Not good on the battery issue. First drain 54% to 0% in a second, 2nd drain 34% to 0% in a second. Any suggestions?

Factory reset.
    10-10-2015 06:06 PM
    It could be a faulty battery. That happed with the iPhone I used to have so apple replaced the battery.
    10-10-2015 06:40 PM
    I'm getting an update failed. Can anyone help with this?

10-10-2015 07:23 PM
    This phone will never be as good as it was with the last build of kitkat. Lollipop ruined this phone

10-10-2015 08:01 PM
    General>storage>cache hit clear. Then my ota update worked
    prebert likes this.
    10-10-2015 08:12 PM
    I did the update last night. It took a really long time to update on WiFi at home here. Once it downloaded, I let it run and now the phone does seem much faster. That's all I noticed. I haven't really had any problems with THIS phone on Lollipop, but it's a Warranty Replacement, since my original phone was randomly dropping Calls all of a sudden and had heating issues. Now everything is running nice a smooth. My last one was running smooth On Lollipop, until the dropped calls started happening. The overheating didn't start until the Lollipop update though.
    10-10-2015 08:24 PM
188 1234 ...