Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 ATT

anon(128105)

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I update without problems, but I don't see any changes. There was supposed to be animations, changes in the notification area, etc. I don't see any of that.

anon(128105)

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Do you see the new features with the upgrade? I read that we should have animations, changes in the notification area, leds, sounds, etc. I don't have anything new.

anon(128105)

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Did you notice changes in your Note? Like new animations, changes in the notification area, leads, sounds, etc. I don't see anything new in mine.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Did you notice changes in your Note? Like new animations, changes in the notification area, leads, sounds, etc. I don't see anything new in mine.
Gee, how often can you ask the same question? Didn't know instant answers should be expected.
Mine did the same thing. Did a factory reset and everything worked fine after.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Also to add, and it may be placebo but, my fingerprint scanner works FAR BETTER than it did before this update. I mean it's night and day. Anyone else?

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
With this new update 5.1.1 I feel like I have a new phone! I also tend to load alot of apps handles with ease. I had no problems with the update to.

Posted via the Android Central App

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am reading this topic in anticipation of getting the AT&T update soon. I notice some people suggesting to clear cache. In the past I've done this from menu you get when booting the photo. It does that very quickly.
I just saw a mention of clearing cache from the Settings > General > Storage > Cached data. It was sitting in "Calculating...." for a minute or two and I thought it was not working. Then it finally changed from Calculating to giving a small megabytes number.

What's going on? Why does the clear cache from the boot go so quickly compared to the one that is done when the system loads? Are they clearing different caches? Which is the one to clear? for what reasons?

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how this will work using an AT&T Note on Cricket? Now I'll be wondering if I am just late in the rollout or if it won't update at all without an AT&T sim.

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket

Last time when 5.0.1 or whatever rolled out I had to go to Best Buy because it was a month with no update.

Hummerh40

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Also to add, and it may be placebo but, my fingerprint scanner works FAR BETTER than it did before this update. I mean it's night and day. Anyone else?

Same here! It really is instant, I've had a 95%+ first time success rate since the update a couple of weeks ago. Earlier I would need to at least swipe my finger twice to unlock

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
"Last time when 5.0.1 or whatever rolled out I had to go to Best Buy because it was a month with no update."

That sucks!

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket

Last edited:

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The install/download issues are space related. Clearing cache from the storage menu helps. But you must wait for all the memory calculations to finish. Clear the cache and then see how much free space you have. To be safe, you need about 10 or 12gb or more free. The installation needs enough free space to install while the old OS is still installed. Some are doing Factory Reset which work because your phone is now on a fresh, clean install with a lot of free space. If you don't want to reset your phone prior to downloading, then you should back up your phone with Kies and the delete applications until you have enough free space.
Hope this helps.

raywright1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T, explained my problem (a dozen failed update attempts including all suggestions from forums), they advised I factory reset. I explained that I did not want to and asked to have it escalated to tier 3. I wanted to know precisely why my device could not handle the update. I was given a case number and told to wait to be contacted in a few days. The next day I received an SMS saying the problem was resolved. I tried again and failed, but realizing the failed install caused a reboot, I tried yet again and the download and install worked. Don't know if they repaired the OTA download file or if they remotely did something to my phone. I have 5.1.1, so far no issues.

jtwoods25

May 6, 2012
Visit site
When I updated and it failed and tried the update again it wont let me check at it again it just shows no firmware at the bottom of the screen. Has this happen to anyone else and how can I fix it.

Posted via my note4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-12-07-54-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-12-07-54-18.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 149

babylon5fan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I tried three times to download and install the update. It failed. I as getting "interrupted" message. I read this thread and took the advice to get SD Maid. The App Cleaner said that the apps were taking up over 8 GB of unnecessary space. After SD Maid PRO did its magic, I was able to download and update my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Last evening.

Thank You everyone who was on this thread and talked through this issue.

-B

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Forgot to quote. This is in reference to the above post by Hummerh40.

Yeah, sometimes I would get it on the first try. Sometimes, on the second. There have been many, many times it would take as little as three swipes all the way to sometimes 6, 7, 8 swipes to unlock and at that point I just revert to backup password to avoid throwing my phone against the wall. Now, first time every time and it seems I can just swipe haphazardly now meaning, it hasn't said "swipe center of pad" or "swipe slower" to me at all. I'm digging it so far.

conwawj

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
5.1.1 has fixed a gps issue I had after the previous update. Location services would constantly drop out causing navigation apps like Google maps to lose my location for a few seconds at a time. After the update to 5.1.1 I've noticed the location services icon is on the right side of the icon bar where the permanent service icons are instead of the left side. It no longer drops out while using navigation apps!