01-05-2016 01:40 PM
188 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'm getting the interrupted update, its a Att Note 4 but my sim card is in my OnePlus2 (I cut it down to nano sim) so I don't have a sim to put in it. Is there any way to get a download for it or am I out of luck(which is ridiculous since its still an ATT phone) thanks
    10-12-2015 02:03 PM
    Got the update this weekend. I also happened to do a factory reset on my phone Friday to get a fresh start. My Note 4 is significantly more responsive.
    10-12-2015 02:15 PM
    Ok Guys :

It's official. You must have at least 12 GB free to do the installation. After reading your suggestions of factory reset or deleting files, I decided (a 7th time) to delete a couple of apps, getting myself 12 GB free and move the clock 6 days so the DM Server allows me to get the update.

This time, it worked. Between the downloading and app optimizing, took 1 hour.

And yes, my Note 4, feels way snappier than 5.0.1 and yes, clock is back on today with no complications, so far.

I appreciate the suggestions. Keep you guys posted if something else comes up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2015 02:35 PM
    I wonder when this will be available on Kies? Hopefully soon because I have a feeling I will not get this via OTA being on Cricket.
    Not the end of the world though as I have my Nexus 6P on order.
    10-12-2015 03:59 PM
    This comment is in response to TonyBarrios' above post. I don't know why quotes don't work for me when I click "quote"?

This is not true, at least with my personal experience. My N4 had just under 6GB of free space on the device itself. I know for a fact because I physically looked at it just before the update. My update failed twice before finally working the third time. I neither deleted any files nor moved any files prior to the update.
    10-12-2015 04:24 PM
    This comment is in response to TonyBarrios' above post. I don't know why quotes don't work for me when I click "quote"?

This is not true, at least with my personal experience. My N4 had just under 6GB of free space on the device itself. I know for a fact because I physically looked at it just before the update. My update failed twice before finally working the third time. I neither deleted any files nor moved any files prior to the update.
    Funny, because for me the update only worked after I free 12 GB on the phone. Same WiFi network (even on 2nd with weaker signal) and the update downloaded and installed just fine. All signs point to installation interruption due to insufficient space.

DeeNiceJones likes this.
    10-12-2015 05:33 PM
    No problem. Just one bit of advice. Do NOT install any memory optimizers, Greenify, or anything like those kinds of apps. They do the opposite of what they promise. They're performance killers. If your phone comes with Clean Master or Lookout, uninstall or disable them.

If your phone starts to slow down, just boot to recovery and clear the cache(s). 90% of issues come from the cache getting corrupted or cluttered with stuff even from apps you've uninstalled.
    Greenify is not the same thing at all. It just hibernates apps and it actually works as it should.
    10-12-2015 06:01 PM
    I wonder when this will be available on Kies? Hopefully soon because I have a feeling I will not get this via OTA being on Cricket.
    Not the end of the world though as I have my Nexus 6P on order.
    3 things:
    1. Boston - nice. Go PATS!
    2. I gave up trying to get updates through Cricket for AT&T phones. It takes like 3 seconds at bestbuy but its about 20 minute drive.
    3. I also ordered the Nexus 6P because of the above reason.
    reeper55 likes this.
    10-12-2015 07:49 PM
    My update kept failing too. I did a factory reset and tried it again. Installed on the first try after download. Not sure what the issue was but that fixed it. After the update I no longer feel like I need the Note 5. Runs faster than before. I had an S6 Active for a month and the Note 4 is snappier. The S6 Active software is awful.
    10-12-2015 08:37 PM
    Well, I found one item of bad news and two items of good news. The bad news is that I had to do a factory reset. The good news is that the update installed and it works well. Additionally my Google account, apps, and SD card data were restored without incident. Whew!
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    10-12-2015 09:01 PM
    Well, I found one item of bad news and two items of good news. The bad news is that I had to do a factory reset. The good news is that the update installed and it works well. Additionally my Google account, apps, and SD card data were restored without incident. Whew!
    Did you lose anything? Like app data, games that doesn't have any cloud save?
    10-12-2015 09:50 PM
    3 things:
    1. Boston - nice. Go PATS!
    2. I gave up trying to get updates through Cricket for AT&T phones. It takes like 3 seconds at bestbuy but its about 20 minute drive.
    3. I also ordered the Nexus 6P because of the above reason.
    2 things:
    1. **** Yeah go Pats!
    2. Bring on the Nexus!

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket
    10-12-2015 09:57 PM
    I thought Kies only worked for Unlocked International Samsung phones?
    10-12-2015 11:05 PM
    2 things:
    1. **** Yeah go Pats!
    2. Bring on the Nexus!

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket
    3 things

1) Go Pats
    2) Go B's
    3) Go Brockton Boxers
    reeper55 likes this.
    10-12-2015 11:11 PM
    Well, I got it to work on the third try last night. After reading everyone's stories I made sure I had 13GB free and didn't touch it while it updated. I accidentally hit the power button the first time, resulting in a "install interrupted" error at 3%. The second time I tried to reinsert my SIM during the reboot and it never even tried.

I'm happy to have the Note 4 I bought 7 months ago back. I haven't had time to check to see if the GPS/Cell Radio/Battery are working better yet.
    10-13-2015 05:48 PM
    Hey Guys and Girls,
    Does anyone know when this update will come to the Note Edge? I check system update since last week and it keeps saying my phone is up to date.
    10-13-2015 05:56 PM
    Hey Guys and Girls,
    Does anyone know when this update will come to the Note Edge? I check system update since last week and it keeps saying my phone is up to date.
    Yeah yesterday (10/12/15). There's a thread on it's own for it. I posted here before I found the Edge thread.

10-13-2015 08:21 PM
    After this update, my battery hasn't been great. One thing I've noticed is my System UI and Android System is very high in %. Can someone tell me how to fix this to get better battery life? FYI, I've already formatted my phone and no luck.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 ATT-screenshot_2015-10-13-20-34-13.jpg  
    10-13-2015 08:34 PM
    I've done a factory reset no sd card installed and still getting the same error. There is literally nothing on this phone completely fresh. Wow. Any ideas?
    10-13-2015 08:38 PM
    After this update, my battery hasn't been great. One thing I've noticed is my System UI and Android System is very high in %. Can someone tell me how to fix this to get better battery life? FYI, I've already formatted my phone and no luck.

Like so many, I could not flash. Tried clearing cache, required factory reset, then install went OK.

Like Bob, for the last 2 days Android System is consuming 3 times the battery as the next closest on the list, Cell Standby. Sorry no screen shot.

I did disable 26 AT&T bloatware apps, doubt that would impact Android System. Thoughts?
    10-13-2015 09:56 PM
    My Note Edge likes to boot loop when the battery get low. The only way to pull it out its stupidity is to plug it in. I do notice that the memory leak has gone away. I have a moderately loaded down system and notice that my ram usage after everything is killed is about 1.78Gb in use and maybe before kill about 2.25Gb. Also when turning the display on it fades from dark to light, kinda neat.
    10-13-2015 10:44 PM
    I got my OTA on the 10th for my Edge.
    10-13-2015 10:46 PM

Turn your Phone OFF?
    10-13-2015 10:48 PM
    I did a factory reset right before updating (like others say you need quite a bit of free space before installing the update otherwise it'll fail, not sure why the system doesn't check or tell you beforehand as it's super frustrating to have to re-download). The biggest improvement I've noticed is the multi tasking button doesn't take about 3 seconds to bring up recent apps, it's relatively quick now. This in of itself makes my note so much nicer to use. Glad I've updated, battery life seems to be about the same so far.

10-13-2015 11:16 PM
    Same here. At 1% droid rolls over and it fails. No errors or anything.
    10-14-2015 12:52 AM
188 ... 34567 ...