Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 ATT

Cody5499

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
My system finished the update roughly 5 minutes ago. After all the updates and questions are done, the system feels over all much quicker. I noticed more exaggerated window animations. But compared to 5.0.1, it is much smoother. The menu button as well flows a lot nicer with changing between apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine to man its like a whole new phone like the day I bought it haha . Not quite as fast as my gs6 edge plus but damn near

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine finished the update about an hour ago. Definitely snappier.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I updated this afternoon. Phone is definitely snappier. I really like how there's no lag anymore when you press the app switcher button.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations to you all! Yes the 5.1.1 update got the Note 4 back to the phone it was supposed to be. I've been running mine over a month now, and the phone has been a joy to use.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations to you all! Yes the 5.1.1 update got the Note 4 back to the phone it was supposed to be. I've been running mine over a month now, and the phone has been a joy to use.

Have you noticed any slow downs or lags a month in? My camera is still a bit sluggish but everything else seems good.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed any slow downs or lags a month in? My camera is still a bit sluggish but everything else seems good.

No not yet. The only thing I've seen is Pie Pro (for pie controls / menu) seemingly being frozen over the camera several times. What happens is that when I open the camera and since it changes the phone orientation, the Pie active points that are usual on the sides of the phone in portrait, move to the top (call receiver side) and bottom (home button side) of the phone where the camera operating buttons are.

So sometimes the Pie gets activated as well and it just sits there and not disappear, at this point it's also overlapping over the camera virtual buttons. I'm not sure if it's Touchwiz 5.1.1 bug or is just specifically Pie Pro app bug. But it has not been major, otherwise I'll remove Pie Pro as the camera is more important.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY!!!! So happy got this update! Hopefully I can now have my Note 4 be the beast it was when I got it.
Crossing fingers. Let's see how the camera acts in the morning.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with the camera?
There was lag before the update. I want to see how it acts now
I answered in the wee hours of the morning, in bed. So I'll test when I get up.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

TonyBarrios

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Downloads all the 693 MB, restart to install ; When it switches to firmware update screen the installation aborts at 0%.

The phone restarts and a "Software Interrupted" message appears. I tried fooling AT&T server by changing the date but is no use.

Guess, Kies is the only way to go, right?

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me with the Stagefright update, too. I switched back to the stock launcher then after calling at&t and that solved the problem.

Since that worked earlier, I switched back to the stock launcher from Nova Prime prior to download. It didn't help this time and I had the same results as Tony Barrios. Maybe Kies will work? I'll try that next.

TonyBarrios

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me with the Stagefright update, too. I switched back to the stock launcher then after calling at&t and that solved the problem.

Since that worked earlier, I switched back to the stock launcher from Nova Prime prior to download. It didn't help this time and I had the same results as Tony Barrios. Maybe Kies will work? I'll try that next.

Sad to say Kies 3 says "This is the latest firmware".

Oh, did I mention that with every failed attempt (after I changed the date) , the DM Server is adding 24 hours of waiting? Grrrr...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante