Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 ATT

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Silly thing to ask because I'm sure you guys know this, but if you're doing it OAT, is it plugged in?
Or I could just be wrong.
😜

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

angel220

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine updated overnight. Definitely much smoother. After all the apps updated, I had 54% battery life, shut down the phone to clear cache, went to 0%, had to plug the charger to the phone. Hoped this update fixed the battery drain issue. Anyone else encountered battery issues with this update?

Posted via the Android Central App

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Silly thing to ask because I'm sure you guys know this, but if you're doing it OAT, is it plugged in?
😜

I always have mine plugged in when updating. It didn't take very long for mine to update. My Note 4 is definitely running faster and smoother than it was before. I always wipe the cache partition after an update. I've never had to do a factory reset. Maybe it's because I haven't downloaded a lot of applications. I really can't say.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
😜

Mine is taking forever as well. Hopefully, it doesn't fail when it's done.
Mine is failing too. And it takes forever to download each time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I always have mine plugged in when updating. It didn't take very long for mine to update. My Note 4 is definitely running faster and smoother than it was before. I always wipe the cache partition after an update. I've never had to do a factory reset. Maybe it's because I haven't downloaded a lot of applications. I really can't say.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I was getting ready for bed when I saw the update. I plugged it I and just let it go.
I us due with FB anymore and the camera lag is MUCH improved.

fraliex

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The update keeps failing after it finishes downloading.. =/

Mine does the same thing. It downloads he 600MB+ file, then it reboots, seems to enter the software download system but then reboots again before installing. I get a message that the update failed.

Been through this twice in the early AM of 10-10. Even downloaded Smart Switch on my Windows 7 PC but seems the update hasn't gotten there yet (OC6).

TonyBarrios

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
😜

Yep. Plugged in every time. Could be a corrupted download giving a false completion. We will try 1 one more time: plugged in and jumping 5 days on the current day. (DM Server says I have to wait 89 hours).

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
They're slacking on the changelog but the boyfriend says his icons look clearer.

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Last time I checked I don't think att let you update firmware through kies. Never has with any note I've owned.

Or should I say att branded Samsung notes

azach19

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
yeah ive downloaded it twice now both failed. the second time i actualy set my phone on airplane mode just to be sure nothing was interfering with the download. im curently trying again for a third time. hopefuly it works. if not hopefuly someone finds a fix for it.

TonyBarrios

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I tried again. The phone pretty much bumping the router.

Set the date to 10/14 (so the DM allowed checking), downloaded the file, the phone restarted to installation: BOOM! Error at 0%

Darn!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping the update would have the themes but it doesn't. I don't really see anything different appearance-wise.

colpliscol

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I cleared cached data in the Settings, storage menu item and then the update worked

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I had to set-up a new account because my old one was messed-up so this is in essence my first post all over again.

Anyway, question. I just last week enabled full disk encryption on my device as well as encryption for the SD card. Will the update to 5.1.1 mess with the encryption/files at all?

If I have to, I guess I can decrypt, update, then re-encrypt however I'd like to not do that if I can help it since it will take forever just to decrypt the SD alone.

Does anyone know the answer to this. I believe it will be OK however, I'm not an expert and would like someone with more knowledge to chime in. Thanks guys.

**EDIT - I'm playing it safe and am decrypting both the device and the SD card since I won't be able to update until tonight when I'm in range of WiFi however, if anyone has any knowledge of the encryption/update process, I'd still love to hear it.**

Last edited:

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how this will work using an AT&T Note on Cricket? Now I'll be wondering if I am just late in the rollout or if it won't update at all without an AT&T sim.

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket

Kevin Clanton

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine downloaded the update while i was sleeping and i accepted once i woke up.

Overall the phone feels much faster and snappy like when i first got it, before Kitkat. The only visual change i have noticed thus far is to the notifications menu and border. I was really hoping the battery issue would be addressed but Im not seeing any changes in that regard so far. With moderate usage, I could get my Note 4 to last me two days without charging when I first got the Phone. I will cross my fingers for marshmallow. How is everyone else doing with battery life?

Overall this is a relief, I didn't want to upgrade to the note 5 and loose my expandable memory and changeable battery, but the bugs where starting to drive me nuts. Much happier with my note 4 for now.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping the update would have the themes but it doesn't. I don't really see anything different appearance-wise.

If you're expecting different appearance, you're in bad luck. This update only helps us by improving the sluggishness from 5.0.1 and ram management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech