Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 ATT

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the interrupted update, its a Att Note 4 but my sim card is in my OnePlus2 (I cut it down to nano sim) so I don't have a sim to put in it. Is there any way to get a download for it or am I out of luck(which is ridiculous since its still an ATT phone) thanks

TonyBarrios

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok Guys :

It's official. You must have at least 12 GB free to do the installation. After reading your suggestions of factory reset or deleting files, I decided (a 7th time) to delete a couple of apps, getting myself 12 GB free and move the clock 6 days so the DM Server allows me to get the update.

This time, it worked. Between the downloading and app optimizing, took 1 hour.

And yes, my Note 4, feels way snappier than 5.0.1 and yes, clock is back on today with no complications, so far.

I appreciate the suggestions. Keep you guys posted if something else comes up.

Posted via the Android Central App

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder when this will be available on Kies? Hopefully soon because I have a feeling I will not get this via OTA being on Cricket.
Not the end of the world though as I have my Nexus 6P on order.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
This comment is in response to TonyBarrios' above post. I don't know why quotes don't work for me when I click "quote"?

This is not true, at least with my personal experience. My N4 had just under 6GB of free space on the device itself. I know for a fact because I physically looked at it just before the update. My update failed twice before finally working the third time. I neither deleted any files nor moved any files prior to the update.

TonyBarrios

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
This comment is in response to TonyBarrios' above post. I don't know why quotes don't work for me when I click "quote"?

This is not true, at least with my personal experience. My N4 had just under 6GB of free space on the device itself. I know for a fact because I physically looked at it just before the update. My update failed twice before finally working the third time. I neither deleted any files nor moved any files prior to the update.

Funny, because for me the update only worked after I free 12 GB on the phone. Same WiFi network (even on 2nd with weaker signal) and the update downloaded and installed just fine. All signs point to installation interruption due to insufficient space.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No problem. Just one bit of advice. Do NOT install any memory optimizers, Greenify, or anything like those kinds of apps. They do the opposite of what they promise. They're performance killers. If your phone comes with Clean Master or Lookout, uninstall or disable them.

If your phone starts to slow down, just boot to recovery and clear the cache(s). 90% of issues come from the cache getting corrupted or cluttered with stuff even from apps you've uninstalled.

Greenify is not the same thing at all. It just hibernates apps and it actually works as it should.

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder when this will be available on Kies? Hopefully soon because I have a feeling I will not get this via OTA being on Cricket.
Not the end of the world though as I have my Nexus 6P on order.

3 things:
1. Boston - nice. Go PATS!
2. I gave up trying to get updates through Cricket for AT&T phones. It takes like 3 seconds at bestbuy but its about 20 minute drive.
3. I also ordered the Nexus 6P because of the above reason.

icecoolfsu

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My update kept failing too. I did a factory reset and tried it again. Installed on the first try after download. Not sure what the issue was but that fixed it. After the update I no longer feel like I need the Note 5. Runs faster than before. I had an S6 Active for a month and the Note 4 is snappier. The S6 Active software is awful.

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I found one item of bad news and two items of good news. The bad news is that I had to do a factory reset. The good news is that the update installed and it works well. Additionally my Google account, apps, and SD card data were restored without incident. Whew!

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I found one item of bad news and two items of good news. The bad news is that I had to do a factory reset. The good news is that the update installed and it works well. Additionally my Google account, apps, and SD card data were restored without incident. Whew!

Did you lose anything? Like app data, games that doesn't have any cloud save?

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
3 things:
1. Boston - nice. Go PATS!
2. I gave up trying to get updates through Cricket for AT&T phones. It takes like 3 seconds at bestbuy but its about 20 minute drive.
3. I also ordered the Nexus 6P because of the above reason.

2 things:
1. **** Yeah go Pats!
2. Bring on the Nexus!

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got it to work on the third try last night. After reading everyone's stories I made sure I had 13GB free and didn't touch it while it updated. I accidentally hit the power button the first time, resulting in a "install interrupted" error at 3%. The second time I tried to reinsert my SIM during the reboot and it never even tried.

I'm happy to have the Note 4 I bought 7 months ago back. I haven't had time to check to see if the GPS/Cell Radio/Battery are working better yet.

simone wilson

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys and Girls,
Does anyone know when this update will come to the Note Edge? I check system update since last week and it keeps saying my phone is up to date.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys and Girls,
Does anyone know when this update will come to the Note Edge? I check system update since last week and it keeps saying my phone is up to date.

Yeah yesterday (10/12/15). There's a thread on it's own for it. I posted here before I found the Edge thread.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
After this update, my battery hasn't been great. One thing I've noticed is my System UI and Android System is very high in %. Can someone tell me how to fix this to get better battery life? FYI, I've already formatted my phone and no luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-13-20-34-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-13-20-34-13.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 139

lxlTHEMANlxl

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I've done a factory reset no sd card installed and still getting the same error. There is literally nothing on this phone completely fresh. Wow. Any ideas?

SteveBo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
After this update, my battery hasn't been great. One thing I've noticed is my System UI and Android System is very high in %. Can someone tell me how to fix this to get better battery life? FYI, I've already formatted my phone and no luck.

Like so many, I could not flash. Tried clearing cache, required factory reset, then install went OK.

Like Bob, for the last 2 days Android System is consuming 3 times the battery as the next closest on the list, Cell Standby. Sorry no screen shot.

I did disable 26 AT&T bloatware apps, doubt that would impact Android System. Thoughts?