My phone isn't saving pictures to the SD card or the device, and sometimes even Carousel has trouble saving. It also won't save downloaded from both apps (Drive, Gmail) and websites. It also won't save screenshots. It saves other files such as mp3s and pdfs (so far that I've tried), just no pictures. I tried multiple file types, too.

Something happened recently that has slowed my device to a crawl and drains battery like crazy. I'm wondering if that could be the culprit to my missing picture mystery. I don't know what's doing it though, and I don't exactly know how to find out. I really don't like doing factory resets because I'm paranoid I'll lose something, something will go wrong with the backup. It's happened before, I've lost tons of data even though I know I specifically backed up that particular app, and it's happened with more than one. But if that's the only fix.. oh well.

Thanks guys!
    10-10-2015 05:40 AM
    Sounds like a bad SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 09:09 AM
    The pictures aren't saving to the device either, and I can save mp3s and other files to the SD card.
    10-10-2015 11:46 AM
    The pictures aren't saving to the device either, and I can save mp3s and other files to the SD card.
    Have you tried taking out the SD card and saving?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 03:45 PM
    Have you tried putting the phone in Safe Mode and then seeing if you can save photos? If it works in Safe Mode, then it's some app you installed causing the problem.
    10-10-2015 03:59 PM
    Well, whattya know. Safe mode worked. And all the pictures that supposedly didn't save are all there. Now just to figure out what's causing it.. I'm going to try taking the SD card out now and report back. But in case that doesn't work.. any ideas on how to track it down?
    10-10-2015 10:34 PM
    Uhh now it's saving all file types to all locations like nothing was ever wrong. Not sure if it was me or if it just.. fixed itself. I did restart it a bunch trying to fix it.. idk :/

Well in any case, everything's good now. Thanks!

Edit: Restarting it was the first thing I tried. Several times. I'm fairly well versed on IT 101 and not entirely incompetent. If restarting it was the fix, it happened after restart #4 or 5.
    10-10-2015 10:47 PM
    Good to hear.

I just deleted my reply! LOL!
    10-10-2015 10:57 PM