Mobile Hotspot Quick Settings Button behavior in 5.1.1

Fetchtables

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a Note 4 and I'm on the AT&T network. The new 5.1.1 update came up this morning and it updated without a hitch. I routinely use my phone for the USB tethering function and I noticed that with the new update, turning it on is slightly different.

Before on version 5.0.1, I would:
1. connect my Note 4 to my computer with a usb cable,
2. press the mobile hotspot button from the quick settings drop down.
3. wait for and press the "Tethering or hotspot active" notification
4. check "USB tethering" on in the Tethering and Mobile Hotspot screen.
The mobile hotspot icon would be on and I'd go about my day on my laptop surfing the net.

Now in version 5.1.1, there doesn't seem to be a way to access the "USB Tethering" option from the "mobile hotspot" quick setting drop down.
I guess the phone doesn't consider USB tethering as a mobile hotspot function because when I'm USB tethered, the hot spot icon in the quick settings drop down is not on like before.

Is it possible restore the way the "Mobile Hotspot" button used to function? Or maybe a way to add the "Tethering and Mobile Hotspot" icon to the drop down quick settings menu?

I can add "Tethering and Mobile Hotspot" to the "quick settings" within the normal setting menu. But that's a few more button presses away. I got used to the quick toggle feel of the swipe down drop down quick settings! :D

Thanks!