Ever since Lollipop came out, my Note 4 has been plagued (in comparison to Kit Kat) with speed issues, overheating, and diminished battery life. I've done most of what was suggested in the forums (cleared cache, formatted micro SD card, etc.) but hesitated on a factory reset because of the hassle. A few months ago, I did do a factory reset (using the factory reset in Settings > Backup and reset). That did little if anything to address any of my issues.

Within the past two weeks, the overheating has become more pronounced. It is most prominent when receiving multiple MMS messages in a short time frame (approximately 30-40 over the course of an hour). Battery life suffers tremendously as well.

I decided to do another factory reset two days ago (10/12). This time, I did it from the boot loading screen (same screen as when you perform a cache wipe). Over the past two days, my Note 4 is noticeably faster and the overheating is not nearly as bad. One of the major improvements is the Messenger app (Google, not Facebook). Usually, when sending MMS, it takes almost a minute to send some message, especially pictures. Now, my MMS messages are getting sent in half that time. I usually do a lot of messaging at home so I'm assuming the signal strength is relatively the same.

What hasn't improved yet is battery life. I've read somewhere that it may improve a few days after a factory reset. Nothing yet so far but if a factory reset solved two of the issues I'm having, it is worth it.
    10-14-2015 12:36 PM
    I noticed all the same stuff... it's a pain when I factory reset the battery life never changed. The update is honestly just sucking the power from all put phones. :/ I have even gotten a warranty exchange for an unrelated issue and the same stuff shows up. I have gotten a new battery since then and the life seems a tad better, but not much.

Posted via the Android Central App Note 4
    10-21-2015 03:05 AM
    That is why my friends I have stuck with 5.0.1
    Fully charged 100% at 6.50am today, now 51% at 21.11. Don't you just love 5.0.1

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2015 03:12 PM
    I always.....and I mean always, do a factory reset after any update from my provider. And I've not experienced any issues, that I hear happen here, after an update. Battery life is hard for me to measure because it always sucks....but only cuz i'm constantly on my phones throughout the day.
    10-22-2015 05:31 AM
    Now I just did a factory reset week or so ago. My battery life seams lot better

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2015 10:43 AM