Chrome ads on full screen

Eijin

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello for some time now when I use Google chrome quite frequently ads popping out. It didn't happen before and they are on full screen with a cross on the corner to close them up.
I only worry if this is caused by some virus or everyone experience that.
Pop up ads are disabled in the settings.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, seriously....that's not really going to inspire too many people to help you out. Did you consider the possibility that the people who have read this thread simply doesn't know how to help you?

What have you already done to troubleshoot the problem besides check your settings?

Can you give examples of websites that are giving you pop ups?

Have you tried accessing those websites in another browser to see if the problem persists?

What version of Android are you using? What version of chrome?

RockAndRollAcdc

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I've been getting the same thing. I don't use Chrome. IE for me. I'll have it sometimes coming out of lock screen. Yes it's aggravating but I just hit the X

Posted via the Android Central App

Eijin

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hahaha but before my own reply,of which I truly apologise.
I didn't receive any answer and my post landed in nearly third page without any answer. Weird honestly.
I do not believe I'm the only one experiencing this problem.
Why have I been ignored.
I must be too handsome and people get angry.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly not enough information in your description to determine what's wrong. It's not enough go just say that you have popups in Chrome, it would be helpful to know what your default home page is in Chrome and what sites the popups are happening on.

As an example if you turn the home page setting to off and simply go to www.google.com you should not be getting any popups. If you do then there is most likely malware on your device and you'll need to take steps to remove it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha but before my own reply,of which I truly apologise.
I didn't receive any answer and my post landed in nearly third page without any answer. Weird honestly.
I do not believe I'm the only one experiencing this problem.
Why have I been ignored.
I must be too handsome and people get angry.

Block popups here. This is from the desktop option activated in chrome2015-10-19 07.22.36.jpg

A few websites will still be able to bypass the block.

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Try.
Settings ->
Site settings ->
Pop ups. - Block pop ups.

I've never had a full screen popup using Chrome mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App