What is up with the call log on 5.1.1?

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
As the title states, what did AT&T, Samsung, Google, or anyone else that put their dirty hands on this update do to the call log? Obviously, I'm on AT&T so don't know if this affects other carriers.

Call log defaults to "All Logs". You can change it manually however, it defaults back to "All Logs" when cleared or closed. This is absolutely unsatisfactory. I personally do not care to have my emails, text messages, etc in my CALL log.

Maybe I'm overlooking something so if anyone has a trick to have it not default to "All Logs", I'm all ears. Prior to this update, my default was "All Calls" and that is what I'm looking for.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine is carrier free but also default to all log. So looks like a Samsung thing.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine is carrier free but also default to all log. So looks like a Samsung thing.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Except it's not all Note 4s. So obviously it's not a Samsung thing, unless Sprint specifically fixed it in their build.

Posted via the Android Central App

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess I don't go into my log often, but I do see it defaulting at All Logs, which I do agree is odd. I'd rather it just do calls, but it's an easy flip to just calls to where it doesn't look like a big deal to me.

Btw, I don't see emails in my All Logs. Just calls and texts.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I guess I don't go into my log often, but I do see it defaulting at All Logs, which I do agree is odd. I'd rather it just do calls, but it's an easy flip to just calls to where it doesn't look like a big deal to me.

Btw, I don't see emails in my All Logs. Just calls and texts.

My fault, no emails. Just calls and texts show up under "All Logs". Looks to be more and more like another instance of backwards AT&T logical thinking.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My Note 4 has defaulted to All Logs since I got the phone 1 year ago running Kit Kat. The OS updates have not changed anything for me in that regard.

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I am on AT&T too. Same here. Defaults to all logs. I dislike that very much. Unwanted just calls in that list. Ugh.

written on this little black magic box

sleerf

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Just an FYI. There's an app in the play store called "Samsung Log Converter" that someone created to fix this very thing. Works perfectly.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Just an FYI. There's an app in the play store called "Samsung Log Converter" that someone created to fix this very thing. Works perfectly.

Found that right after I posted my above posts. I thought I posted that info above but I guess not. That's a great app and the dev is super cool. He is the developer for Material Messenger and believe it or not, I had an issue with the MM app and I emailed him on a Sunday morning not expecting a response till Monday at the earliest. He responded within 5 minutes, on a Sunday morning while he was out to breakfast with his family. Quality.