Connection issues

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing a rather annoying with connectivity, or lack thereof issues.

The phone randomly refuses to connect at times. When it happens, I have good data signal and/or wifi connection but something is stopping the connection from working and as a result web pages fail to load and apps that require an Internet connection no longer work.

As a workaround, I usually have to enable then disable flight mode to get things working again.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and better yet, how to resolve it please?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been experiencing a rather annoying with connectivity, or lack thereof issues.

The phone randomly refuses to connect at times. When it happens, I have good data signal and/or wifi connection but something is stopping the connection from working and as a result web pages fail to load and apps that require an Internet connection no longer work.

As a workaround, I usually have to enable then disable flight mode to get things working again.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and better yet, how to resolve it please?

Thanks.
What carrier do you have? Either update the apn settings or PRL/Profile (sprint). Let us know if that helps.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
What carrier do you have? Either update the apn settings or PRL/Profile (sprint). Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I'm on 3 (UK) and have double checked all the apn settings with the carrier.

Bloody phone is driving me insane at the moment what with this as well as the email and notifications issues. Battery life seems to be getting worse too.

If WP had the apps and games that I need/like, I'd switch back today but I'm not sure WP will ever get the third party support it deserves.

Can't believe I'm actually considering this, but it may be time to jump on the iPhone bandwagon :(

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
This is getting unbearable now. Something on the phone is blocking internet access arbitrarily. It still happens if I disable the mobile data connection. Wifi will work for some apps, but is apparently being blocked in other apps and if I disable wifi and just try to use the data connection, the same happens.

Cmlael

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try a factory reset. That's usually the best option when your phone starts acting up, and you can't figure out what is going wrong. Just make sure to back everything up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try a factory reset. That's usually the best option when your phone starts acting up, and you can't figure out what is going wrong. Just make sure to back everything up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cheers.

It's looking like the only option left to try but I'm a little reluctant to give it a go. Backing up my data such as photos, videos, accounts, settings isn't a problem but I just don't want to lose game/app data so I'm going to need to look into those options first.

Thanks for the reply :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463