Galaxy Note 4 Picture Tags Mysteriously Disappeared

colpolmen

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I spent a good 2 or 3 hours adding tags through the "add tag" feature of the Gallery app. Then, a day later, when I went to use the search function to find a picture based on tags, nothing came up. Upon investigation, I learned that all my tags had been completely deleted - nothing came up in the tag menu or when I pressed "more info" on a picture, which usually shows tags. Only one tag remained, a tag I had added to a photo not in Private storage, which I suspect played a part in its survival. The only support I got from Samsung was to clear the Gallery cache, but that only allegedly will prevent the issue in the future and will not return all the lost tags. If you do have a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated, but this post is more of a PSA; if you're adding tags to pictures that are in private, they might disappear. Keep in mind they did not disappear for the first two days even though I was switching on and off of Private Mode.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why the tags erased. There are other apps that support tagging pictures, such as Focus. Have you taken a look at that?