Is there any negative effects of using SideSync all day long? I like to use it at work to text instead of having my phone out and it's nice to be able see my phone screen (unlike PushBullet). I was wondering if keeping the phone plugged up all day to a power source (laptop) would degrade my battery or ruin my phone.

Thanks
    10-20-2015 01:28 PM
    Last I recall trying sidesync it basically kept my phone a little warm even with the screen off so I stopped using it. Battery is replaceable and costs less than 20 bucks so its up to you . . we can only postulate as to how long the battery will last when subjected to constant topping off like that and in the end only you can decide what's of more value to you.

Personally I switched to SimplyText as y texting app and use Mightytext to send/receive texts within Chrome on my desktop. Allows me to accomplish my texting using any of my computers or my Note Pro tablet without needing a physical connection to my phone. Mightytext isn't 100% reliable though but its free and gets the job done generally . .
    10-20-2015 04:48 PM
    Yeah folks on reddit have said to try pushbullet or another text app but I want to see the whole screen, plus I can't live without Textra lol

Thanks for the response though
    10-21-2015 08:42 AM
    I use SideSync most of the day too but I can't figure out the charging stuff. It is supposed to charge but it discharges. Sometimes I'll put it on the Qi while also plugged into SideSync and sometimes it charges and other times it discharges. Hard to tell. I can't find anything online or in any of the knowledge bases about charging.

If you use MightyText you'd still do it through Textra unless they changed it. I mean the PC side would look different but it sits on top of your texting app on the phone side so everything in the phone is still in Textra. I did it this way until I discovered SS. Only I had Handcent and later chompSMS on the phone side.

Yeah folks on reddit have said to try pushbullet or another text app but I want to see the whole screen, plus I can't live without Textra lol

Thanks for the response though
    10-21-2015 01:28 PM
    Last I recall trying sidesync it basically kept my phone a little warm even with the screen off . .
    I found that too. Phone was getting hot and battery draining fast so I uninstalled it.
    10-21-2015 01:55 PM
    If you use MightyText you'd still do it through Textra unless they changed it. I mean the PC side would look different but it sits on top of your texting app on the phone side so everything in the phone is still in Textra. I did it this way until I discovered SS. Only I had Handcent and later chompSMS on the phone side.
    I'll just note that while MightyText links to any default SMS app on the back end such that you can use any app you desire, it seems more reliable with some texting apps than with others. I jumped around to several apps including Evolve, Talon, Chomp and Textra, nothing worked 100% of the time for me. The developer recommends SimplyText which I still seem to have issues with only not as much as I did with the others. Essentially at random times for no apparent reason I'll try to send a text from my PC and the phone fails to send it. Whether the issue lies with MightyText's servers or the app deciding not to check in with the servers I don't know . . but its irritating as heck.

As for sidesync and discharge while connected I cant say that I have the same issue, I didn't use it long enough to take notice . . tried it for a day and didn't like that my phone was always warm.
    10-21-2015 06:49 PM