Is it possible to get the old sdk for the app Google wallet?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get the new Android pay to work on my phone. My old debit card was in there, but had to replace it with a new one. The new one was taken into my cards when I see what cards are in the Android pay app. Then I get a message saying that card is not supported and to check with my bank. My bank bmoharris is not listed. Hate the new update since it worked fine before.

Any chance of getting the sdk for older version of Google wallet app?

Posted via the Android Central App

RockAndRollAcdc

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes this really does suck. When they switched to android pay my Master debit still worked. But when my credit union switched owners and we got new Visa cards it no longer works. Don't think they thought this through very well

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I called again and they are saying it's the Banks that are not joining them, because of Security issues. I guess from what the Google Rep told me, before with Wallet, they were not getting reimbursed if say a person's phone got hacked and fraudulent purchases were made. So They (Google) Weren't getting reimbursed from the Banks after paying for the fraudulent purchases. She said, so if Google wasn't more secure, they wouldn't last long. So they are secure, but the Big Banks don't want to pay for any hacks, because it's a third party app that they have no control over. At least that's the way I understood it from her. Not 100% sure though, long conversation with her.

It sucks because I liked using my debit card on my phone. yeah I can dig it out of my wallet, but it was so much easier. Plus I can put my Mastercard Credit card on I'm sure, but then I have to deal with paying the bill every month. Before, If I didn't have money on me, just use the phone and it was done, other than logging it on my account register. I use my phone for other things like my Health Club card, and other loyalty cards, which saves having either a Wallet or Keys full of plastic. I'm not about to go switch banks just for the convenience of Android Pay. No other options either. Samsung Pay is no good either. Google really lost, I would think, a good deal of customers who could use the app by changing things.

Last edited:

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
This is a giant clusterf**k from Google. They basically made 2 apps to do the job of 1.

My biggest beef is that Wallet no longer supports loyalty cards. I'm still not down with using my phone to pay for atuff, but I did find Wallet useful for loyalty cards. I hated having all those stupid mini cards on my keyring.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Key Ring for my Loyalty cards. Works good for me. I'm lik eyou Millerwa76 I hate all those loyalty cards in my wallet or on my Key Chain. It's bad enough I have too many keys. Yeah, it's a pain in the a** what they did. I don't understand the need for developers and other companies, to fix what ain't broke and change things. For Example I can't even keep track of how many times and how often Facebook keeps changing. It's ridiculous. It seems like every time I'm on, something else changes. Just gets me ticked off is all it does. Takes more time ot do things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital