Note 4 Camera: 16mp or 6mp?

frank1492

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I am incredibly impressed with the image quality of my new Note 4. As far as the camera display goes I see no difference between the two settings so I have set 6mp to save storage. At what point of enlargement should I see a difference, screen mirror on a 32" screen? Or perhaps on a 6×8 screen? (I have a 720p video projector.) Do most use 6mp or do you think they stick with the 16mp default? I do not plan to do large format printing.
Comments and opinions much appreciated. Thanks.
Frank

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the main advantages of taking a higher resolution shot is that you can crop the photo more (essentially a digital zoom), and still retain a lot of detail. So although you may not be using it for large format photos, you may still want to take photos in the highest resolution if you like editing your photos this way.

frank1492

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I rarely crop and enlarge but your point is well taken. But tell you the truth when I zoom the images on the phone screen I don't seem to notice a lot of difference. I would think that would give a clue as to what would happen if one cropped and enlarged for printing. I'll do a few more samples.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how far in you're zooming. You can still zoom in pretty well on a 6 MP photo before you start to notice pixellation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX