So, if I drove my truck 40, kept the windows rolled up, no A/C, tailgate down and drafted behind an 18 wheeler, then I might get better gas mileage.
    But, that's a lot of trouble and I don't WANT to do that.
    So, I drive like I want and then put more gas in when I need it.
    Transferring that thinking to m phone, I've decided that having an extra battery that's charged is much better than having to tweak my phone all day, turn this up/down, off, find my charger, plug it in, bada bada..
    I just got me an Anker charger with 2 batteries shipped for 25 bucks.
    I'm a power user on my phone. Several things to keep up with and I just like using it.
    Phone off charge at 5 am. Gym, full day at work, battery down to 5% at 3:30.
    Pop the back, put new fresh 100% battery in.
    It's 6 at night and I have 82 percent left.
    Much easier.
    ANd if I ever forsee a crunch coming, I'll just put it in Ultra power saving mode and that works great.
    And, if it runs down?
    The world won't end.
    Androids just simply use more battery.
    Especially BIG A$$ Androids with huge beautiful screens like these amazing Note 4s that we all own.
    Again, analogy to vehicles:
    I could get where I want to go in a Smart car.
    But, driving my big Chevy diesel 2500HD 4WD is MUCH more fun.
    jerry12, huntnyc and WalkingHorse like this.
    10-27-2015 06:02 PM
    Transferring that thinking to m phone, I've decided that having an extra battery that's charged is much better than having to tweak my phone all day, turn this up/down, off, find my charger, plug it in, bada bada..
    Second best thing to do, IMO. I use a power bank. It gives me about 2-1/2 full phone charges (from 40% to 100% - see below) from a full power bank to a 40% power bank charge. And it cost about $20. [Review] - Coocheer® 7500mAh Rugged Water Resistant Power Bank - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Bad. You should never let a lithium battery (in anything, not just cellphones) drop below 40%. They can't take deep discharge. (That's one of the things the automotive industry is working on - they need deep-discharge lithiums.)
    delco714 likes this.
    10-27-2015 06:29 PM
    So, if I drove my truck 40, kept the windows rolled up, no A/C, tailgate down and drafted behind an 18 wheeler, then I might get better gas mileage.
    But, that's a lot of trouble and I don't WANT to do that.
    So, I drive like I want and then put more gas in when I need it.
    I just got me an Anker charger with 2 batteries shipped for 25 bucks.
    I'm a power user on my phone. Several things to keep up with and I just like using it.
    Pop the back, put new fresh 100% battery in.
    It's 6 at night and I have 82 percent left.
    Much easier.
    ANd if I ever forsee a crunch coming, I'll just put it in Ultra power saving mode and that works great.
    And, if it runs down?
    The world won't end.
    Androids just simply use more battery.
    Especially BIG A$$ Androids with huge beautiful screens like these amazing Note 4s that we all own.
    Again, analogy to vehicles:
    I could get where I want to go in a Smart car.
    But, driving my big Chevy diesel 2500HD 4WD is MUCH more fun.
    Very true. Its hard to believe that Samsung screwed the Note 5 up like that.
    droidntn and D Android like this.
    10-27-2015 07:33 PM
    I agree
    I've had external chargers before and those would always be handy to have around.
    But day to day, this is just much easier... Not as much thinking and planning and tweaking.
    Fresh battery, keep rolling.
    10-27-2015 08:19 PM
    I agree 100%. I love my anker spare batteries and wall charger. What I appreciate most is using the Phone the way I want. I want full brightness on this amazing screen without worrying about my battery. I always laugh to myself when I see my coworkers straining to look at their phones with the brightness set at around 10% to save the battery. Fumbling with cords, looking for a place to plug in, asking to borrow a charger because they forgot to bring theirs to work.
    LOL. Not me. Always full brightness and cord free all day long.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2015 09:14 PM
    I agree 100%. I love my anker spare batteries and wall charger. What I appreciate most is using the Phone the way I want. I want full brightness on this amazing screen without worrying about my battery. I always laugh to myself when I see my coworkers straining to look at their phones with the brightness set at around 10% to save the battery. Fumbling with cords, looking for a place to plug in, asking to borrow a charger because they forgot to bring theirs to work.
    LOL. Not me. Always full brightness and cord free all day long.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Right? I have people showing me Look, I have 75 percent battery left.
    I'm like Yes.... You're in airplane mode. Good for you.
    Or their screen is turned down.. Or their is a charger dangling from their phone. Or they're looking for an outlet.
    Ima use my phone. Lol
    First time I've used spare batteries and I'm sold on this route.
    delco714 and huntnyc like this.
    10-28-2015 09:34 AM
    I like my Hyperion 8000mAh battery a lot. But only use it when i know i wont be in the office doing normal things.
    10-28-2015 03:02 PM
    Bad. You should never let a lithium battery (in anything, not just cellphones) drop below 40%. They can't take deep discharge. (That's one of the things the automotive industry is working on - they need deep-discharge lithiums.)
    I go down to <10% all the time with all the smartphones I've had. I've never seen any degradation in battery life or performance. As long as they last 9 months to a year and you can get rechargeables cheaply, why would you care?

Not trying to be disagreeable, just trying to understand. And if I charged every time I hit 40%, I'd be charging every 4 to 6 hours.
    10-28-2015 07:09 PM
    After doing this for several days, I can say having a removable battery will from now on be something I'd like to have in a phone.
    10-31-2015 09:22 PM