It maybe posted somewhere here but I'm not seeing it.
    Anyone, unrooted, got marshmallow in the states yet?
    Verizon.
    10-31-2015 06:09 PM
    It maybe posted somewhere here but I'm not seeing it.
    Anyone, unrooted, got marshmallow in the states yet?
    Verizon.
    Don't get your hopes up, if you're on Verizon then there's a slim chance that you'll get marshmallow. The note 4 doesn't even have 5.1.1 on verizon.

Posted from the one and only Note 4
    droidntn likes this.
    10-31-2015 06:12 PM
    Right, I had read reports where we MIGHT be getting it.
    I'd sure welcome some help with battery life.
    10-31-2015 10:20 PM
    Marshmallow isn't out for anything but the Nexus products right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2015 10:31 PM
    Marshmallow isn't out for anything but the Nexus products right now.
    It is out for Polish LG g4. If lg can do it, Samsung can.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 02:40 AM
    It is out for Polish LG g4. If lg can do it, Samsung can.

Samsung is already working on it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-2015 02:48 AM
    Samsung is already working on it.
    I am sure they are, but since there are a gazillion more devices ahead of note 4 (s6,s6edge,s6edge+,note5,some more mid rangers etc.), I think we will wait for a long time. Also I suspect Note 4 software team are slackers as s5 updates always went before note 4.
    11-01-2015 03:20 AM
    I am sure they are, but since there are a gazillion more devices ahead of note 4 (s6,s6edge,s6edge+,note5,some more mid rangers etc.), I think we will wait for a long time. Also I suspect Note 4 software team are slackers as s5 updates always went before note 4.
    Depends on your carrier.
    11-01-2015 03:57 AM
    Depends on your carrier.
    I am using exynos international version and flashed Polish rom in order to get first updates since they get it first. I see you are trying to stand up for Samsung because you love Samsung phones but it's a fact that they are failing regarding update policy. I like this phone but that doesn't prevent me from criticizing their fails. And it even gets worse when you people in US with their carrier modification to stock Samsung ROMs, delays even more. I think some carriers are still on 5.0.1. It's just bad.

I think Google should impose some criterias regarding OS modifications but then again it's completely against what Android is in the first place and their business model. Also most of the users don't care about software fast updates so Samsung will never try to achieve fast OS updates.
    11-01-2015 05:29 AM
    I have marshmallow on my nexus 9, I see no difference at all from lollipop.

11-01-2015 06:46 AM
    I am using exynos international version and flashed Polish rom in order to get first updates since they get it first. I see you are trying to stand up for Samsung because you love Samsung phones but it's a fact that they are failing regarding update policy. I like this phone but that doesn't prevent me from criticizing their fails. And it even gets worse when you people in US with their carrier modification to stock Samsung ROMs, delays even more. I think some carriers are still on 5.0.1. It's just bad.

I think Google should impose some criterias regarding OS modifications but then again it's completely against what Android is in the first place and their business model. Also most of the users don't care about software fast updates so Samsung will never try to achieve fast OS updates.
    Actually, it depends on your carrier around here, because most people here have carrier devices.

I'm trying to stand up for Samsung by stating Samsung is already working on it and it depends on your carrier?

Please explain that.

Marshmallow just came out, I have it on my Nexus 5. If you think any phone but Nexus will get a new update within 2-4 weeks, your expectations are incorrect.
    11-01-2015 08:46 AM
    I have marshmallow on my nexus 9, I see no difference at all from lollipop.

Doze and permissions, plus the ability to turn off heads up notifications are just some of the bigger changes.
    11-01-2015 08:47 AM
    Doze and permissions, plus the ability to turn off heads up notifications are just some of the bigger changes.
    So, your battery life isn't improved at all?
    11-01-2015 09:23 AM
    So, your battery life isn't improved at all?
    Oh the battery on the Nexus has been great.
    11-01-2015 09:28 AM