My note 2 died. I got a note 4. I would like to be able to enable and disable gps, data, or fast charging with one tap on widgets on the home screen instead of multiple taps plowing through various dialog boxes. Is there any way to do this?

(I passed on the note 5 because the battery can't be swapped or memory expanded. I like the speed of the note 4, the pen is finally useful, the screen is nice, but I would have suffered along with the note 2 for another year.)

I would like to bring the note 2 back to life for the sake of having a backup. All use of power stopped abruptly and for no apparent reason. Apparently other note 2's have done the same thing and probably for the same reason. Has anyone found a fix for this. Does anyone know of a link where I might be able to read about this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    11-01-2015 08:50 AM
    You can use your drop down notification to access GPS and data quickly but as for fast charge I am not aware of a quick method, on mine running Android 5.1.1 I can use a minimum of 4 hits.
    11-01-2015 03:22 PM
    On my note 2, before any upgrades from Verizon, I put widgets on the home screen with an app called power tools which turned on and off the gps and data with one click. That was taken away with a later software upgrade. My impression they want to discourage turning those on and off so it's made more tedious. I was hoping there would be a work around but apparently not. I wish I could turn fast charge off and on with a short cut key because I rarely need it and it's stressful for the battery.
    11-01-2015 04:56 PM
    As evohicks specified you can use the notification shade to access GPS and data. Or, you can install QuickShortcut Maker and install shortcuts on your homescreen. I made one for accessing my battery page where I can disable/enable fast charging, or just read the stats. For GPS, data, wireless, etc, I just use the pulldown shade... less messy homescreen. By the way, QuickShortcut Maker can use icon packs like Moonshine, etc.
    11-01-2015 06:29 PM