Am I safe to say that Verizon won't give us 5.1.1?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It's November, and we still don't have 5.1.1. Sorry for complaining, but i'd like to know at least if they will push 5.1.1. If that means asking a store rep I'd rather get this information from a reliable source, and not some bogus website. I'm not having any problems currently, but this waiting game that we as android users play with every phone that's not a nexus is ridiculous at this point

Posted from the one and only Note 4

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's November, and we still don't have 5.1.1. Sorry for complaining, but i'd like to know at least if they will push 5.1.1. If that means asking a store rep I'd rather get this information from a reliable source, and not some bogus website. I'm not having any problems currently, but this waiting game that we as android users play with every phone that's not a nexus is ridiculous at this point

Posted from the one and only Note 4

Verizon does not care about anything like that. It's only objective is to make sure we have good service.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am beginning to think the same. The only other thing that's a possibility is skip to 6.0 by the spring of 2016? Maybe, I am just speculating.

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Big question is why are they waiting? Especially since other providers have updated their N4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I heard from someone who asked a Verizon store rep that they have the OTA ready, it's just a matter of when they push it to us.

Verizon reps are the most untrustworthy sources. No one really knows. Verizon couldn't care less when we get the update.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon: if we wait long enough they'll just buy a new phone.

That's exactly what happened with my last phone

Posted via the Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Maybe they are taking their time to ensure the update works without any bugs. Or they are adding an excessive amount of bloat.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech