VZW Note 4 rejected while BlackBerry Priv gets 5.1 1

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Going by the thread title I just wanted to clarify if this is the situation or not: Verizon rejected Samsung's 5.1.1 build for the Note 4? or Verizon rejected Samsung's 5.1.1 build for the Note 4 because they accepted BlackBerry's 5.1.1 Update to the Priv even though the Priv ships with 5.1.1?

There is literally nothing about the Priv, including testing resources, that has any impact on whether or not Verizon has (or will) certified any particular update to the Note 4 software that is sent to them by Samsung.

Dustoff-00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
According to step 4 of the provided link...we as VZW Note 4 users don't have problems with our devices. This is probably the most informative answer I have found explaining why we are not getting our updates as soon as we like.

I guess those of you who have AT&T (and T-Mobile, Sprint, etc...) Note 4's had a lot more issues than us VZW Note 4 users....hmmmmm??? Either way, refer to SamMobile link and form your own opinion.

http://www.sammobile.com/when-will-i-receive-the-latest-android-update-on-my-phone/

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
According to step 4 of the provided link...we as VZW Note 4 users don't have problems with our devices. This is probably the most informative answer I have found explaining why we are not getting our updates as soon as we like.

I guess those of you who have AT&T (and T-Mobile, Sprint, etc...) Note 4's had a lot more issues than us VZW Note 4 users....hmmmmm??? Either way, refer to SamMobile link and form your own opinion.

When will I receive the latest Android update on my phone? - SamMobile

Sammobile is actually taking their info from Samsung themselves this time Wat je moet weten over Android updates | SAMSUNG Nederland :) The time from when software is made available to AOSP to when Samsung gives it to the carriers to when the carriers finish testing and get ready to push an update can be fairly extreme in some cases. It's cool to learn a little about their prioritization.

lawful12

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Only the TMobile Note 4 910T3 has 5.1.1 which is what you get if you buy new recently. Most of us have the TMobile Note 4 (model 910T) that is still on 5.0.1 and has not been updated.

Posted via the Android Central App

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Verizon sent out the 5.1.1 update for our tablets, the Ellipsis 8's, from the 4.4 today. That makes me think the update for our VZW Note 4's will come any second now.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Verizon sent out the 5.1.1 update for our tablets, the Ellipsis 8's, from the 4.4 today. That makes me think the update for our VZW Note 4's will come any second now.

You might be right, but don't hold your breath

Posted from the one and only Note 4