Stock Firmware 5.1.1

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have an unlocked Samsung galaxy note 4 here in Northern Ireland. I tried to root my phone and messed up so found a stock firmware and flashed it and now my note 4 works again. Only thing is instead of saying 4G it says LTE. Can someone give me the right stock firmware for my note 4 here in the UK 5.1.1? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I've done that.....I've got the unlocked firmware for note 4 - it's Poland version. Can't find a UK one?!

The reason you can't find it is because SM-N910C is not a UK model, that's why there is no UK firmware available for it.

Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
What one is the unbranded/unlocked version of 5.1.1 for SM-N910C?

That's just it, the 910c is not the stock UK model so it would have to be non UK firmware, looking at the list, Poland XEO seems your best bet.
I can't say if the UK unlocked firmware for the 910f would work on your 910c, maybe other people can varify.

Last edited:

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
That's just it, the 910c is not the stock UK model so it would have to be non UK firmware, looking at the list, Poland XEO seems your best bet.
I can't say if the UK unlocked firmware for the 910f would work on your 910c, maybe others can vary.

Thanks for your help :)

d4691

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Here in the states AT&T has LTE and "4g" except the "4g" is their HSPA+ which isn't as fast as their LTE network (more like 3.5g in the middle of 3g and 4g).. I'd rather be on LTE if I had the choice.

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Here in the states AT&T has LTE and "4g" except the "4g" is their HSPA+ which isn't as fast as their LTE network (more like 3.5g in the middle of 3g and 4g).. I'd rather be on LTE if I had the choice.

Thanks for the info. Here in Northern Ireland there's 3G and 4G so my phone saying LTE isn't that it's any faster, it's just cos I flashed another version of 5.1.1 x

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you found your answer but your solution is to use Samfirm tool on xda community. Just Google it. You need to enter your phone model and csc code (e. G. Sm-n910c and xeo) and it will download latest firmware (check binary nature) , so you can flash it with Odin. And also you would like to remove your SD card and tick nand erase all in Odin to fully remove your current firmwares CSC.

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you found your answer but your solution is to use Samfirm tool on xda community. Just Google it. You need to enter your phone model and csc code (e. G. Sm-n910c and xeo) and it will download latest firmware (check binary nature) , so you can flash it with Odin. And also you would like to remove your SD card and tick nand erase all in Odin to fully remove your current firmwares CSC.

Thanks a million for your post. This is exactly the info I needed :)

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

One more question. I had a security update a few nights ago from Samsung and I remember reading that you can't install an older firmware due to this security update. Can you confirm that I can still flash any firmware for my note 4?

Thanks in advance

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't. In fact I installed that update too. Build ending with coj5. Before coj5 update (coi4 or coh4) are safely downgrade able. They say Samsung locked the bootloader with coj5 update but I didn't flash any firmware after that so I can't confirm.

Just check your build number from. Settings>about device >build number. If it is ending with coj5 you MAY have some troubles. But some users reported that they can flash other firmware. If your build number is ending with other than coj5 you can flash any firmware you want.

Do your check. If we make sure that we can flash a firmware safely I will detail the process for you.

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't. In fact I installed that update too. Build ending with coj5. Before coj5 update (coi4 or coh4) are safely downgrade able. They say Samsung locked the bootloader with coj5 update but I didn't flash any firmware after that so I can't confirm.

Just check your build number from. Settings>about device >build number. If it is ending with coj5 you MAY have some troubles. But some users reported that they can flash other firmware. If your build number is ending with other than coj5 you can flash any firmware you want.

Do your check. If we make sure that we can flash a firmware safely I will detail the process for you.

Hey!
So are we able to root now after this security update?

Thanks in advance
Mel