Awhile back I fell in my pond with my phone in my pocket I immediately got it out and tossed it on the bank. It got wet but not drenched. I took the back off and battery out let it sit in a bowl of rice for awhile and it worked fine for a few minutes till it shut off and when I turned it back on the home button stopped working. This was probably 9 months ago and I haven't had any issues other than that. I use the on screen home key. Today I was playing around and found that the fingerprint scanner still works. I thought I fried the button would it be possible that my home button is still good and just loose or dirty?
    11-17-2015 08:26 PM
    Awhile back I fell in my pond with my phone in my pocket I immediately got it out and tossed it on the bank. It got wet but not drenched. I took the back off and battery out let it sit in a bowl of rice for awhile and it worked fine for a few minutes till it shut off and when I turned it back on the home button stopped working. This was probably 9 months ago and I haven't had any issues other than that. I use the on screen home key. Today I was playing around and found that the fingerprint scanner still works. I thought I fried the button would it be possible that my home button is still good and just loose or dirty?
    Welcome to Android Central!

I believe the home button function and the fingerprint scanner are two separate functioning items. You could take it to a repair place and see if they can fix it for you.
    11-20-2015 11:46 AM