NOTE 4 : Failed to mount EFS Invalid argument & Dm-Verity verification failed.

4dloveofgod

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 4 running stock firmware and activated it on my cellular network with no issues. The phone works fine i.e calls, texts, other functions. I am however faced with a Wi-Fi issue. If I ever power off my phone and turn it back on, the Wi-Fi fails to automatically connect. I have to manually reconnect and every time I do so I get a message that says the phone in in factory mode and wifi is now turning off, change to user mode, This message does not stay for too long on the screen. I read about this and based on certain forums decided to us KIES3 to redo the stock firmware. It was during this process that i noticed the messages (mention below) in recovery mode.

E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
dm-verity verification failed...

I still went ahead and re flashed the stock firmware assuming it would fix all issues, but it did not. Not sure if this phone was rooted at sometime or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

4dloveofgod

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Used ODIN to flash device, still the same result. same messages in recovery mode as well as the message telling me "factory mode is one, wifi now turning off, please change to user mode" What would be my next step??

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Used ODIN to flash device, still the same result. same messages in recovery mode as well as the message telling me "factory mode is one, wifi now turning off, please change to user mode" What would be my next step??

Sorry, I have no more advice for you. Perhaps one of the moderators can advise further.

4dloveofgod

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Appreciate your time. I have another Note 4 which does not have these "odd" messages, is there a way for me to copy and flash the firmware? this could be a ignorant questions, but I thought I'd ask

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know of. Is the problem Note 4 unlocked? If not that would cause flash to crash. If it is locked to a carrier they can reflash the current original OS for you or for a fee, unlock the device.

4dloveofgod

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure how to check that, its on the US cellular network (CDMA and I think it can only work on the US cellular network. I didn't realize this issue when I purchased the phone from the individual. Would downgrading the firmware change anything?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Easiest for me is to pop a different service provider's sim into a device. If it works with the other network sim it is not locked. Doing this will not damage the device.

4dloveofgod

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I will have to try that. I was however informed by US cellular that they do not use GSM technology but CDMA and hence just switching the SIM card wont really work. But I will give it a try. really appreciate all your advice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995