12-29-2017 10:58 AM
144 1234 ...
tools
    New battery fixed my dying rapidly at around 20% issue
    11-27-2015 09:46 PM
    I had the same battery issue...dying quickly around 20%. New battery also fixed my issue.
    delco714 likes this.
    11-28-2015 02:32 PM
    There's apparently a new update from Sprint that addresses some battery issues. I haven't received it yet, but some people have > http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...nt-update.html

I contacted Sprint over the weekend and was informed that even though I pay for insurance, and I bought the phone in November 2014, they couldn't do anything for me. I'll wait for the update and see if it fixes everything, if not, I'll probably have to buy a replacement battery.

EDIT: This may be an update that I received a couple weeks earlier.
    12-01-2015 09:53 AM
    Having the same problem with my n910u variant, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Without fail if I get under 30% I have seconds to a few minutes before the phone dies.

I have two original Samsung batteries doing the same thing. They are both around the same age (about 1.5 years old).

I have a hard time believing both batteries need replacing, and I've had 3rd party batteries last 3+ years without any drop in performance.

Can you guys confirm that replacing the battery fixed it for you?
    01-26-2016 07:48 PM
    I had my battery tested at the local Sprint Store. It was having the same issue as discussed above. My Note 4 is 8 months old. They are replacing my battery for free.

Posted via the Android Central App
    wmtoandroid likes this.
    01-26-2016 10:36 PM
    I had my battery tested at the local Sprint Store. It was having the aame issue as discussed above. My Note 4 is 8 months old. They are replacing my battery for free.

As I was looking for a replacement battery on amazon, I noticed A LOT of people writing in the reviews the exact same experience we are all having. Sammy should be replacing all note 4 batteries as a courtesy.
    pduffer likes this.
    01-26-2016 11:09 PM
    Sprint replaced my battery. The replacement is having the same issue. Ok ...... back to the Sprint store again.

01-30-2016 02:08 PM
    UPDATE: Purchased a set of two Anker batteries and a charger for less than the cost of a new Samsung battery and the issue has gone away since using them. I still think Samsung should have had a recall/replacement for those batteries since they shouldn't be dying after only a year!
    huntnyc likes this.
    02-04-2016 03:33 PM
    Yes add me to the list gah I hope I can get one for free from Samsung. That is bad. Unless it was my other charger that caused the problem. How many of you guys only used the original Samsung charger all the way through and still it died?
    02-08-2016 03:42 PM
    I used the original Samsung charger up until a few months ago, and then I got an Anker charging hub - but I often charged the spare in the official samsung portable charger.

Still running the new Anker batteries and it's incredible what a difference they make - I no longer feel like I have to rush what I'm doing or the batteries will die! I can get it down to under 10% without it crapping out all of a sudden and I'm quite happy now.
    huntnyc likes this.
    02-08-2016 03:55 PM
    Why are anker batteries better? Surely its basically the same as a genuine samsung battery its just your old samsung is older then your new ankers no? All batteries get worse with time. So basically your old samsung battery started going wrong even just using the original samsung charger and anker charger or just the samsung original charger? I guess I might trust a real anker charger as much as a samsung.

Also I spoke to samsung and they basically said I have to do a reset gah! Then if that doesn't help along with other trouble shooting I have to send the whole god damn phone and charger to be tested which can be up to two weeks! Which is so annoying I just want to send the battery argh! I am still suspicious of my second charger a little as it seems to be real and working but I did get it on ebay hmmm....annoying situation.
    02-11-2016 10:21 AM
    Why are anker batteries better? Surely its basically the same as a genuine samsung battery its just your old samsung is older then your new ankers no? All batteries get worse with time.
    I've had Samsung devices for many years and have used the same Samsung batteries for 3 years+ on several devices with very little (no noticeable) loss in power. Certainly nothing like the dropoff an sudden power down at 30% like I've been getting with two separate original batteries on my Note 4.

So basically your old samsung battery started going wrong even just using the original samsung charger and anker charger or just the samsung original charger? I guess I might trust a real anker charger as much as a samsung.
    I've tried using both the samsung and Anker chargers, as well as turned off quick charging on the phone - the original sammy batteries are still terrible.

I don't recall seeing this happen with other devices, but just looking at the Amazon reviews of the Anker battery, it seems common in the Note 4.

In any case, I'm getting great battery life now
    02-11-2016 10:28 AM
    I have a Verizon Note 4 that started doing the same thing a few months ago. Usually once my phone gets to close to 39% I have to charge it because it will shut off around then. Then it will keep restarting itself over and over until I remove the battery. This past weekend I was on vacation in Williamsburg and using the camera to take pictures of my kids and had it at 72% the last I saw and it shut off and did the same. I had to go the rest of the tour we were on before I could get back to the car. Plugged it in and the phone said 69%. My husband and I both got the same phone, same time and I think he may have had this happen once if at all that is. Mine happens quite often and both usually get the same amount of use sometimes his more so then mine!
    04-07-2016 11:36 AM
    It's great news to hear that my note 4 is not the only one having the dive bomb battery life issue, my Anker battery combo arrives today, gingers crossed!
    05-03-2016 10:22 AM
    Update - I had one day (I forget which) where the battery drained down normally (which strangely was closer to 8pm when it hit the normal battery level where it dies), but all others had the same issue. Timing has been consistent (between 5-6pm, excluding the day mentioned) and yesterday the phone just shut off in the middle of streaming music with the SiriusXM app to my bluetooth speaker at 5:59 with the screen being off for probably 15 minutes prior. I plugged in the device, which registered 0% for a few minutes, then jumped up to 48%, which seems correct as it had close to 50% when I put the music on.

So we have AT&T, Verizon and Sprint customers experiencing the same issue, so if it's software related it's not carrier specific. I can't speak for other carriers, but Sprint pushed out a 5.1.1 update (version N910PVPU4COJ6 shows on my phone) earlier this month and I never experienced the issue before that.
    I've been having the same issue for about two months. I'm sprint but I'm on 4.4.4, I did not get the update. Now my phone turns off and turns back on and doesn't seem to be battery related.
    05-10-2016 07:25 PM
    Hello All,
    I have the same situation.

1. Phone turns off at around 35 %.
    2. Plug in the charger
    3. Phone starts charging with 35 %

It is good to know that i am not alone. My question is:
    -- Is the new battery fixes the problem?

Thanks,
    05-11-2016 03:56 AM
    I have a Verizon Note 4 that started doing the same thing a few months ago. Usually once my phone gets to close to 39% I have to charge it because it will shut off around then. Then it will keep restarting itself over and over until I remove the battery. This past weekend I was on vacation in Williamsburg and using the camera to take pictures of my kids and had it at 72% the last I saw and it shut off and did the same. I had to go the rest of the tour we were on before I could get back to the car. Plugged it in and the phone said 69%. My husband and I both got the same phone, same time and I think he may have had this happen once if at all that is. Mine happens quite often and both usually get the same amount of use sometimes his more so then mine!
    Same thing is happening to mine.

05-11-2016 08:49 AM
    This has been happening to me as well. Tired of it.
    05-11-2016 09:21 AM
    New OEM battery, eventually new Note4 from Sprint, still same issues as everyone else
    05-18-2016 12:46 PM
    Having the same issue. Samsung released an update back in April and ever since my phone gets hot, phone shuts down at 27%, and major drainage on battery.

I shut all unused background apps off and disabled them, bought a new battery, and a 125GB SD Card with hopes that storing things on the removable memory would correct this problem. Still no hope. Phone just shut down at 27% again. It never fails and I'm only getting about 5 hours battery life on standby when I'm not even using my phone.

As you can see, I'm a bit of tech head myself... Im beginning to wonder if I'll have to backup and reinstall the firmware update from Keis like I had to do the year Samsung released a crappie update for the Galaxy III. Has anyone considered or tried reinstalling the firmware update for this issue? Buying a new battery has done nothing for me.

Shine - Note 4 - AV /5.1.1/KNOX/2.4.1
    05-22-2016 06:05 AM
    When I'm at like 25%, if I take a photo or turn on the camera, my phone just shuts off and has no power. What the hell is that?

Also, when my screen is off and phone not being used, my battery runs down very slowly, but when I use my phone, the percentages drop every few minutes.

Anyone else see this?

Any ideas? Is this a battery issue or hardware?

Also, are the Anker batteries on Amazon NFC capable?

This is the exact same thing that's happening to me. I'm at 62% or whatever and then I go to take a picture and the whole phone dies. I come back and I've got 2%. I'm going to try and figure out how to attach a screenshot here.

Well I'm new to this form and I don't know how to attach a screenshot but my phone's been running for about 3 hours and it drop down to 2% after I tried to take a picture.
    05-26-2016 01:06 PM
    I"d call them up to find out.
    I always thought that if you have insurance your warranty is extended as long as you're insured.

05-28-2016 01:16 PM
    Same issue with my Note4 which I got outside of the US. Shuts down randomly between 50% to 20% and I had to remove the battery for about a minute, put it back in and boot up. Back to the same battery level when it shut off. Second battery already but same crap.
    06-11-2016 10:13 AM
    Just decided to post even though this is older. What the heck. Might help out
    when updates are sent to devices it ihighly recomnended to do factory resets. Its good for the phone. Helps battery and refreshes your device. Gets rid of culprits that can cause lagging battery issues.

huntnyc likes this.
    06-13-2016 05:19 PM
    FYI marshmallow update fixed this.
    06-14-2016 10:03 AM
144 1234 ...