12-29-2017 10:58 AM
144 12345 ...
tools
    I have the same problem as of maybe a week or two ago. I am with Verizon. Have disabled all apps I could, but still, the battery does not last me more than a day.

I know that there was a security update not long ago, but don't know if that has something to do with the drain.

To the user that suspected a bad battery, I would tell that I see many users all suddenly having this issue in the last couple of weeks, regardless of the provider. So I don't think that it is a coincidence and all our batteries went bad at the same time.

THIS MUST BE A BUG.
    I have been having the same issue for 3+ weeks. It seems to happen between 4-6 pm. % goes to 0% from even 46%. It must be update.
    06-24-2016 06:26 PM
    Hello All,
    I have the same situation.

1. Phone turns off at around 35 %.
    2. Plug in the charger
    3. Phone starts charging with 35 %

It is good to know that i am not alone. My question is:
    -- Is the new battery fixes the problem?

Thanks,
    I replaced my battery and fixed my issue with it turning off when it said it had 15% battery life left
    06-25-2016 01:48 AM
    I started having similar issues recently after updating to new OS (6.0.1).

I have over 35% battery around 11 PM and by morning my phone turned off and no battery. Before upgrading new OS, I left around 20% overnight and it still have some battery by morning (< 10%).

Also I noticed similar battery drain during day, it used to go all day with 1 charge per day. Now I have to charge twice a day.

I observed when I turn off blue-tooth the battery seems work better. The overnight 35% doesn't kill my phone and it has some juice by morning.

Last night I have around 32% and I turned off blue-tooth and morning I have around 20%. I turned on blue-tooth and drove to work (around 1 hour) and as soon as I reach office, the phone dead (0% battery)

I used to leave blue-tooth on all the time, now I have to remember on/off all the time. Its a bit annoying.

If anyone has any solution, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    06-27-2016 03:05 PM
    For what it's worth my Note 3 ran hot with restarts with Anker battery. Anker refunded my money.
    06-27-2016 03:11 PM
    Same thing 30 then boom flat 5.1.1
    06-30-2016 05:21 AM
    Hello guys! Unfortunatelly,I'm having the very same problem with my unlocked exynos version Note 4 N910C, which ive had for 15 month.
    Since the last 2 or 3 months, the battery drain increased a lot, and it goes incredibly fast from 30~20% to 0%. Sometimes it may even shut when at 20...
    Ok, no problem, just avoid being on the 30's % and it will be fine, I thought. But right now my phone screen started flickering, my aplications became very laggy and unresponsive, and phone lost mobile signal (wifi still connected). I plugged the charger in and it still kept falling untill 0% and turned off.

This must be a hardware or battery problem... Has anyone solved buying a new original battery?
    Here in brazil a new battery is very expensive, So I'd like to know before buying a new one...

Thanks a lot!
    07-05-2016 07:57 PM
    Me exactly having the same problem too on my note 4. Apparently everyone do not have a solution yet.
    I suspect is the OS updated that cause the battery drain.
    07-07-2016 10:14 AM
    When I'm at like 25%, if I take a photo or turn on the camera, my phone just shuts off and has no power. What the hell is that?

Also, when my screen is off and phone not being used, my battery runs down very slowly, but when I use my phone, the percentages drop every few minutes.

Anyone else see this?

Any ideas? Is this a battery issue or hardware?

Also, are the Anker batteries on Amazon NFC capable?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Mine does the same it has like 70% battery I put on the camera and it's gone... shuts off. Can't even turn it back on unless I plug it. Note 4 would be a whole differet experience had it not been for the ****ty battery. It's like having a ferrari fueled by double A batteries like common Samsung didn't you anticipate the power of the phone. Anyways does anyone know of a solution to this ? Thanks
    07-18-2016 09:53 PM
    I have been having the same problem, it gets to 30% to 34% and dies, I am going to print out this page and bring back my phone
    07-18-2016 11:49 PM
    Glad to see I am not alone. New battery didn't fix a thing for me. Rarely have bluetooth or gps on, however am on wi-fi all day.

Interested in what someone said about fast charging causing it, but wonder why I had no issues for the first 12 months?

Clearly a software or phone fault that needs to be looked into. Good luck folks
    07-19-2016 09:28 AM
    I have had my T-Mobile Note 4 for 16 months now, and within the last six weeks or so, it has started this, too. It'll go from 30% to 10% within seconds, and before I've plugged it in, it dies at 0%. I take the battery out and put it back in again, and it sometimes goes back to what it was and I can charge it, but other times it does not budge. I'll have to plug it in and then it may jump up to what it was quickly, or it may not. It just did it fifteen minutes ago, and I plugged it in to a regular charger and it's very slowly charging. 4% over 15 minutes.

I have found that Selfie Alarm and AirWakeUp cause the battery to drain super-quick. AirWakeUp I never use, so I disable it. I usually do not have Bluetooth or GPS on, and when I'm at home I turn data off and use my personal WiFi. I have a rechargeable portable charger that I carry in my purse all the time because I never know when my battery will just suddenly die. Normally, my battery lasts all day long, and by the time it needs charging it's bedtime. I was considering upgrading to the Note 5 when my upgrade comes around but now I'm not so sure.
    07-21-2016 06:22 PM
    I have had my T-Mobile Note 4 for 16 months now, and within the last six weeks or so, it has started this, too. It'll go from 30% to 10% within seconds, and before I've plugged it in, it dies at 0%. I take the battery out and put it back in again, and it sometimes goes back to what it was and I can charge it, but other times it does not budge. I'll have to plug it in and then it may jump up to what it was quickly, or it may not. It just did it fifteen minutes ago, and I plugged it in to a regular charger and it's very slowly charging. 4% over 15 minutes.

I have found that Selfie Alarm and AirWakeUp cause the battery to drain super-quick. AirWakeUp I never use, so I disable it. I usually do not have Bluetooth or GPS on, and when I'm at home I turn data off and use my personal WiFi. I have a rechargeable portable charger that I carry in my purse all the time because I never know when my battery will just suddenly die. Normally, my battery lasts all day long, and by the time it needs charging it's bedtime. I was considering upgrading to the Note 5 when my upgrade comes around but now I'm not so sure.
    I was having the same issue. If it is not an app causing the issue, replace the battery
    07-21-2016 10:51 PM
    Its not your phone, it's your battery.

What you're experiencing is the effect fast charging has on your battery.

Try charging it normally (without fast charge) and it will improve that effect somewhat.

Buy a new battery and you're good for the next few months.

Feel sorry for those note5 users who gonna need a battery change in the next few months. :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    You can disable fast charging in Settings -> Battery. Hope this helps
    07-22-2016 01:38 PM
    FIX: I can assure you guys that it's 100% a software issue. No need buying a new battery or anything else.
    I've had this issue for about two weeks and after updating my software, it's not just fixed, but also the battery is improved A LOT!

(Galaxy Note 4 - android 6.0)
    08-01-2016 07:13 AM
    FIX: I can assure you guys that it's 100% a software issue. No need buying a new battery or anything else.
    I've had this issue for about two weeks and after updating my software, it's not just fixed, but also the battery is improved A LOT!

(Galaxy Note 4 - android 6.0)
    Hey Araz, what carrier are you on? Did you get another update to Android M (6.0.1) I tend to agree that this looks like a software issue. I have been having bad battery drain and the phone shutting off around 30-40%. I ordered a new battery (Anker) just to rule that out. If that doesn't solve the issue that might be the deathwish for my Note 4. I really doubt they are going to release a patch to fix this issue, especially my carrier Verizon.
    08-01-2016 07:56 AM
    I am also having the battery issue. Seems that Samsung just doesn't know how to develop working batteries. My wife has my Apple 5 that I bought at launch and the battery is still doing great, even after, what, nearly 4 years? Why is my Samsung Note 4 battery having these issues for the past several months and i barely bought it last year in February? Did they do this deliberately so most people would just buy a new phone? Maybe even a new battery? I think this will be my first and last Samsung phone. Too many issues. One that I am facing now is not being able to download apps or update apps over WIFI or 4G, yet everything else works fine: texting, youtube, facebook, music streaming, video streaming, etc. I am beginning to shop around for a new phone that is NOT Samsung.
    08-02-2016 09:37 AM
    If you look at my thread, I have a whole discussion about my battery draining (down to 0% though, not turning off at 30%) but what does Araz mean by updating software? Ive got no avaliable update on my note 4. Would this fix my battery drain issue? I tried a new battery and it still ran down the same so it's gotta be a software issue
    08-05-2016 06:38 AM
    Curious if this is related to Knox. How many people experiencing this issue are using Knox?
    08-06-2016 07:53 PM
    I don't even know what knox is or what it's all about, someone enlighten me?

I do see lots of problems about knox but literally have no clue what it is, it could even be my problem with my battery drain, who knows
    08-07-2016 04:06 AM
    Pretty sure is a software issue. Sprint just downloaded an update last night that I hope fixes the problem.
    08-07-2016 02:20 PM
    Hi I'm using Knox 2.4.1 version. Just got the 2016-08-01 update installed and hoping for the best today!

I was pretty abusing my phone early this year due to a game (charging 2-3 times a day, falling asleep while phone is charging, etc.) so when my phone started to suddenly go to 0% from 37%, I thought I had it coming. I l stopped playing in my Note 4 altogether to try to "save" it but didn't help. Then just about 2 months ago, it started suddenly dropping from 70-85% to 0%. While I'm at work, I don't usually use my phone and it will die on its own. Now, when I use the phone, it's usually plugged in 80% of the time. I can't use the camera because the battery will drain after 5 photos (screen flickers a lot).

I think the problem is with the battery but I'm gonna monitor if the update helps. On Monday, I will test with a brand new battery just to check if it really is the battery or phone. Hoping its a new battery or the new update does the trick coz my Note 4's just over a year old and it's too dang expensive to buy a new phone.
    08-13-2016 06:08 AM
    Did the update helped??
    08-13-2016 09:53 AM
    Hi I'm using Knox 2.4.1 version. Just got the 2016-08-01 update installed and hoping for the best today!

I was pretty abusing my phone early this year due to a game (charging 2-3 times a day, falling asleep while phone is charging, etc.) so when my phone started to suddenly go to 0% from 37%, I thought I had it coming. I l stopped playing in my Note 4 altogether to try to "save" it but didn't help. Then just about 2 months ago, it started suddenly dropping from 70-85% to 0%. While I'm at work, I don't usually use my phone and it will die on its own. Now, when I use the phone, it's usually plugged in 80% of the time. I can't use the camera because the battery will drain after 5 photos (screen flickers a lot).

I think the problem is with the battery but I'm gonna monitor if the update helps. On Monday, I will test with a brand new battery just to check if it really is the battery or phone. Hoping its a new battery or the new update does the trick coz my Note 4's just over a year old and it's too dang expensive to buy a new phone.
    Did the update helped?
    08-13-2016 09:54 AM
    That's funny. My AT&T Note 4 does the exact same thing.

Even before the 5.1.1 update. Doesn't do it every time but probably around 85% of the time when it gets down to 35-30% it shuts down and when plugged into a charger it shows 0% and after a bit of time it's shows a big jump in battery power... like 38-45%.

Have yet to figure it out???
    08-13-2016 02:58 PM
    My Note 4 started doing their same thing a couple of weeks ago. It was around them update time. I hope some one can resolve this issue. I'm on my 3rd Note and in general have been satisfied. Just very frustrated right now.
    08-13-2016 03:02 PM
144 12345 ...