12-29-2017 10:58 AM
144 ... 456
tools
    Nope it has not fixed the problem at all. My wife and I have exactly the same phone, Verizon Note 4 N910V, Android 6.0.1, Android Security patch 1 Dec 2016. Both started experiencing the exact same issues at the same time
    Yep. I can agree with you. My wife have a Claro Note 4 N910C, Android 6.0.1. I'm from Brazil and the problem is the same related by you. I tried ALL the hints and walkthroughs to try to resolve this situation, but even with a brand new battery, her phone simply turn off at random battery percentage.

I don't know what to do.
    01-03-2017 03:54 PM
    I can only guess that's some kind of software "patch" that screws up the battery usage.
    01-03-2017 03:55 PM
    I don't believe it is a software update issue, at least not for me as I haven't updated my phone since I got it for xmas in 2014. I updated my note 2 software and ever since my battery sucked. I promised I would never update again and I never did.

Same problem phone was dying around 20 percent would only charge to 80. I found online where calibrating your battery may fix the issue... let it die completely than charge it to 100 percent with the phone being off (do this 2 or 3 more times)

I already did this once and my phone made it until 0 percent so signs are looking good.

I also ordered a replacement battery on amazon... https://www.amazon.com/PowerBear-Bat...cUvbUpU5640071
    01-11-2017 01:16 PM
    I have 2 identical Verizon Galaxy Note 4 N910V phones and both experienced the exact same problem at the exact same time: frequent crashes, boot loop, would not fully boot unless plugged into charger. The problem only started happening with after one of Verizon's Marshmellow updates in Dec 2016

Tried everything in these forums to fix. Wakelock etc. Replacement batteries. But nothing worked.

Here’s what finally worked for me:

1. Reverted software from Marshmellow back to Lollipop 5.1.1

This guy explains how.

2. Replaced batteries.

Even though I had recently purchased Samsung replacement batteries for both devices less than 6 months ago something about the Marshmellow updates seems to have fried the Samsung batteries as well. But when I put aftermarket replacement Stalion batteries in the devices now work like new.

Note: I tried replacing the batteries with the Stalion after market batteries before reverting to 5.1.1 but that did not solve the issue. Only after reverting the OS to 5.1.1 first, THEN replacing the batteries was the crashing issue fully solved..

I have tested and verified that putting the old Samsung batteries back in after reverting to 5.1.1 caused the devices to crash again.

3. To prevent Verizon installing the OTA update to upgrade from Lollipop to Marshmellow again, used Package Disabler Pro app to disable the system app called: syncmlcsvc

Both phones are working flawlessly now under typical daily use.

Thank goodness. I was so frustrated, but now I am so pleased to have the phones working well again. They are like new.

I post this in the hope it will solve your issues too
    01-11-2017 11:24 PM
    SOLVED IT FINALLY

I have 2 identical Verizon Galaxy Note 4 N910V phones and both experienced the exact same problem at the exact same time: frequent crashes, boot loop, would not fully boot unless plugged into charger. The problem only started happening with after one of Verizon's Marshmellow updates in Dec 2016

Tried everything in these forums to fix. Wakelock etc. Replacement batteries. But nothing worked.

Here’s what finally worked for me:

1. Reverted software from Marshmellow back to Lollipop 5.1.1

2. Replaced batteries.

Even though I had recently purchased Samsung replacement batteries for both devices less than 6 months ago something about the Marshmellow updates seems to have fried the Samsung batteries as well. But when I put aftermarket replacement Stalion batteries in the devices now work like new.

Note: I tried replacing the batteries with the Stalion after market batteries before reverting to 5.1.1 but that did not solve the issue. Only after reverting the OS to 5.1.1 first, THEN replacing the batteries was the crashing issue fully solved..

I have tested and verified that putting the old Samsung batteries back in after reverting to 5.1.1 caused the devices to crash again.

3. To prevent Verizon installing the OTA update to upgrade from Lollipop to Marshmellow again, used Package Disabler Pro app to disable the system app called: syncmlcsvc

Both phones are working flawlessly now under typical daily use.

Thank goodness. I was so frustrated, but now I am so pleased to have the phones working well again. They are like new.

I post this in the hope it will solve your issues too
    01-11-2017 11:28 PM
    This started happening to me about 7-8 months ago, but kind of tapered off a bit, so I just accepted that my battery sucked and dealt with it.

However, in the past few weeks, the problem is back with a raging vengeance. I use my phone SO sparingly while not on the (original Samsung rapid) charger. I use it for bluetooth for my ~40 min drive to work, starting off at 100% battery. When I get to work, it's at ~98%, so playing music isn't killing the battery. Then it sits for about 5 hours untouched, screen off during the first half of my workday. When I pull it out at lunch, it's generally at ~78%. I want to actually use the phone for ONE HOUR, not plugged in, during my lunch. Not streaming, no media use, just fb messenger usually and maybe a news app or two. After 45 min of use, it's either barely above 40-ish % and ready to start the inevitable battery croak -or- it's completely dead (% drops every minute or two > then from 47% it drops to 33% > to 0% within a few seconds and powers off.) I just want one damn hour, ya know?

The interesting thing to me (that I don't see mentioned on this thread) is that a few weeks ago, when this newly-revived battery sh!tstorm began, my phone developed a magical new feature that never existed in the 16 mos I've owned it until now. It now makes a really distinct and fairly loud (it makes me jump) tone when the battery reaches 100% while charging. It only does this tone thing about 90% of the time it hits 100% charge, and I haven't updated in quite awhile.

My Note4 has been glitchy from day one. It's my first Samsung; I was a die-hard HTC fan until they refused to put out updates for anything but their newest model phone, even though the second newest came out just 10 months prior, the battery port failed, and HTC refused to replace the still-factory warrantied phone using loopholes. I jumped ship after two excellent HTC phones at that point and the Note4 is where I went. This phone has never even compared to my HTCs on their worst days. I'm SO unimpressed with Samsung (and their refrigerators blow too!)
    02-09-2017 09:21 AM
    This started happening to me about 7-8 months ago, but kind of tapered off a bit, so I just accepted that my battery sucked and dealt with it.

However, in the past few weeks, the problem is back with a raging vengeance. I use my phone SO sparingly while not on the (original Samsung rapid) charger. I use it for bluetooth for my ~40 min drive to work, starting off at 100% battery. When I get to work, it's at ~98%, so playing music isn't killing the battery. Then it sits for about 5 hours untouched, screen off during the first half of my workday. When I pull it out at lunch, it's generally at ~78%. I want to actually use the phone for ONE HOUR, not plugged in, during my lunch. Not streaming, no media use, just fb messenger usually and maybe a news app or two. After 45 min of use, it's either barely above 40-ish % and ready to start the inevitable battery croak -or- it's completely dead (% drops every minute or two > then from 47% it drops to 33% > to 0% within a few seconds and powers off.) I just want one damn hour, ya know?

The interesting thing to me (that I don't see mentioned on this thread) is that a few weeks ago, when this newly-revived battery sh!tstorm began, my phone developed a magical new feature that never existed in the 16 mos I've owned it until now. It now makes a really distinct and fairly loud (it makes me jump) tone when the battery reaches 100% while charging. It only does this tone thing about 90% of the time it hits 100% charge, and I haven't updated in quite awhile.

My Note4 has been glitchy from day one. It's my first Samsung; I was a die-hard HTC fan until they refused to put out updates for anything but their newest model phone, even though the second newest came out just 10 months prior, the battery port failed, and HTC refused to replace the still-factory warrantied phone using loopholes. I jumped ship after two excellent HTC phones at that point and the Note4 is where I went. This phone has never even compared to my HTCs on their worst days. I'm SO unimpressed with Samsung (and their refrigerators blow too!)
    You mentioned Messenger, so I assume you have Facebook on your phone too. If that's the case, it's been proven that fb is a battery hog, so much so that I've personally have it disabled on my Note 4 and strictly use the mobile Web page for my social media needs. Marshmallow has been great on my Note (910C) and idle time off the charger leaves it a solid sleep state (lose less than 10% overnight).
    02-09-2017 10:05 AM
    I can't help with your battery problem, but the charge complete sound just started happening on my Verizon Note 4 a week or so ago and I had attributed it to a possible change in the January security update. It had always made a beep sound when I put it on the charger. I found that both of these sounds were turned off via Settings->Sound and notification->Other sounds->uncheck "Charging sound".

Larry
    02-09-2017 10:13 AM
    Same issue with my Note4 which I got outside of the US. Shuts down randomly between 50% to 20% and I had to remove the battery for about a minute, put it back in and boot up. Back to the same battery level when it shut off. Second battery already but same crap.
    had the very same issue with a new Note 4. The default battery lasted about 2.5 hours and shut down as high as 50% and as low as 30%.

Got a replacement ZeroLemon battery and am getting 38 hours out of it. I also went through the checklist to remove unwanted apps such as KNOX, etc.
    02-13-2017 12:00 PM
    Just think, if you had a Note 5, you wouldn't be able to replace the battery like that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Great point..
    02-13-2017 12:09 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm also suddely experiencing extremely fast draining of my battery. It started about two weeks ago all of a sudden. Normally my phone lasts about 1,5 day o normal use. Now it even drains when I only have google maps on (for navigation), and it is in the charger in my car! I would have lost about 20% of my battery in an hour of driving. With normal use it then drops to about 50% with only about 20 mins screentime and only facebook or emails.
    I also hear about every 10 mins or so the sound it makes when I try to wake it up (only the screen remains black). GSAM monitor says that the biggest draining is due to Android and Kernel OS. I have disabled all of the apps that I wasn't using (package disabler pro) and went through all of the location rights. Nothing seems to work.
    It seems like a problem is stopping it from deep sleeping but not only that, the fast drain even when it is in a charger in my car is really strange. Any suggestions? I have bought a new battery but that didn't help either. I'm kinda lost and thinking about buying a new phone....
    02-24-2017 04:38 AM
    Sudden fast battery draining here too.

Appears to have started after the Verizon Feb security update last week. Battery page shows kernel and Android OS as biggest users. But, even if I add up all the battery %'s, it only equates to about 1/2 of actual drain.

One thing I noticed is that the 4G signal level appears weaker than previous. Sitting in my house I barely have 1 bar when used to have 3-4.

Really sucks. I was hoping for more life out of this to see what phones are coming out in the next few months.
    jericho.ar likes this.
    02-28-2017 10:14 PM
    No way this is a battery issue. I've had the same problem for quite a while. Dies at exactly 40%. I've changed batteries 3 times, both OEM and Duracell. No joy. There's a bug somewhere, soft, firm or hardware. A miracle if Samsung or carrier would ever find it much less admit it exists.
    04-25-2017 12:37 AM
    I have the same problem. Infact sometimes it's not on 30% or 40% but 50% or 60%, this thing happen when I'm using it. But if I left it unplug at night it drained to 0%. Only when I'm using it. And this is my second battery. I believe it's the phone note 4, my wife and son S7 is not doing that. Sometimes in with the client to check something it died on me. I'm waiting for a new note coming out. I wish Samsung would solve the problem then.
    06-03-2017 10:21 PM
    I don't have a fast charger so don't think it's that.
    08-01-2017 08:13 PM
    Hi I have this problem since 6 months now replaced batteries twice It improves for few days then again recurred. I took my phone to Samsung service centre and they saidon't it's a motherboard issue will cost 300$ . We are stupid to by flagship phones which last hardly a year and we r help less because 1 yr warranty is over. We should create a Facebook page to highlight this.
    11-02-2017 11:02 AM
    i believe that these are hidden coded programs that the company itself has designed for it to get activated when the time ticks. making it look as if the battery has its own issues. i myself had faced this issue just a month ago and had to take it to a repair shop. without even analyzing for even a minute their reply was that the battery was receded and that i have to change the battery, so i immediately contacted a friend of mine who had the same model as mine. and asked him to check whether my battery was working on his mobile.. i was muddled to find out that the battery was perfectly fine. and though software sift me and my IT friend found out that there is definitely more to this than just a drain illusion. believe me or not i seriously doubt so.. we are still studying these codes.. but i we dont think we could reach an answer because these codes are embedded in separate sections which are apart from the main core. this makes it almost impossible for anyone to find and break into these codes and find out what actually is happening.
    12-19-2017 12:07 AM
    Hello guys! Unfortunatelly,I'm having the very same problem with my exynos version Note 4 N910C, which ive had for 15 month.
    Since the last 2 or 3 months, the battery drain increased a lot, and it goes incredibly fast from 30~20% to 0%. Sometimes it may even shut when at 20...
    But right now my phone screen started flickering, my aplications became very laggy and unresponsive, and phone lost mobile signal (wifi still connected). I plugged the charger in and it still kept falling untill 0% and turned off.

Has anyone solved buying a new original battery?

This is the problem I m also having. Many have got the same problem. Why it actually happening. Mostly seems to be software issues. After factory reset my battery stays longer but within 2 to 3days again same problem. Because of marshmallow update. **** what the ******* developers doing ? We need one ****in updatell to fix this issue.
    I have even heard that the battery calibration in android 6.0.1 update has some sort of problem and recalibration would fix the problem for some but not for all since it didn't fixed my problem. Anyone who has some ideas about this severe issue please help. Help will be appreciated. Thank you.
    12-29-2017 09:44 AM
    Hello guys! Unfortunatelly,I'm having the very same problem with my exynos version Note 4 N910C, which ive had for 15 month.
    Since the last 2 or 3 months, the battery drain increased a lot, and it goes incredibly fast from 30~20% to 0%. Sometimes it may even shut when at 20...
    But right now my phone screen started flickering, my aplications became very laggy and unresponsive, and phone lost mobile signal (wifi still connected). I plugged the charger in and it still kept falling untill 0% and turned off.

Has anyone solved buying a new original battery?

This is the problem I m also having. Many have got the same problem. Why it actually happening. Mostly seems to be software issues. After factory reset my battery stays longer but within 2 to 3days again same problem. Because of marshmallow update. **** what the ******* developers doing ? We need one ****in updatell to fix this issue.
    I have even heard that the battery calibration in android 6.0.1 update has some sort of problem and recalibration would fix the problem for some but not for all since it didn't fixed my problem. Anyone who has some ideas about this severe issue please help. Help will be appreciated. Thank you.
    I had the same issue and I have the same exact model, n910c. My extreme battery drain was my battery. I've since replaced it with a Power Bear branded one, and it runs great now. I've been running Marshmallow on my Note 4 since it first became available and haven't had any major issues with it. The only thing I've done to keep up maintenance was a clear cache via recovery menu and the mentioned new battery. My Note 4 runs great, and won't be upgrading to a new device until this thing is completely dead. Just sad to see there are no more security updates for this version, my last update was back in August.
    12-29-2017 10:58 AM
144 ... 456