Good evening.

I purchased a Note4 about one year ago in the States on AT&T. I was recently relocated to the UK and AT&T was good enough to provide me the unlock code so I could purchase a SIM card here and still utilize the same phone with a new European number. That was about one week ago, and I've have nothing but problems with my phone ever since. Its essentially turned into a brick. It freezes constantly and will only restart by removing the battery. Even then only 50% of the time it still will not turn on. When it is running but not freezing, I can count on there showing %15 battery life but suddenly shutting down and going cold.

When its not doing any of the above, it runs horribly slow.

I know that none of these problems should have been caused by a new SIM but I promise you I only started having them when I arrived in country and put in the new card (I utilized the phone for my first week here in airplane mode just to use WiFi and it works like a champ.)

Any ideas?

I'm about to throw the damn thing out the window ... bloody hell!

Thanks,
    Jr
    11-19-2015 02:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686
    11-19-2015 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply, Mr. Diddy. I followed your advice and my phone is rebooting as we speak. I will say it only took about 1 second to clear the cache, which sort of concerned me ... if that was the issue, I would've imagined it would take a lot longer to clear. We shall see!
    11-19-2015 03:30 PM
    The duration it takes to wipe the cache depends on the device, not necessarily what's in it. My Nexus 5 and Zenfone 2 usually take 5-10 minutes to complete the cache wipe, while my Nexus 7 takes a few seconds.
    11-19-2015 05:05 PM