Note 4 camera help for scratches and smudges?

A

AC Question

Note 4 camera help for sctaches and smudges

I want to ask.. something that i dont know everybody have observed or not .. see when ever i take photos of a light or bright image .. it some kind distort i mean to say some spikes of that light comes alongside (like when we were kids we used to draw the picture of a sun ☀ we put some spikes alongside the circle).. the camera is built out of the surface so i am really concerned about scratches and what for the shots after few scratches .. and whether it will catch some scratches after day to day pocket use..

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 camera help for sctaches and smudges

Welcome.

The flare spikes that you refer to sound normal, though will probably be worse if the lens glass is dirty. If yours seem abnormally bad, attach a screenshot so that we can judge.
Yes, the lens glass can be damaged if unprotected. A case, and/or a lens glass protector, will afford extra protection.

786chatur

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Please take a view.. and tell whether this is normal.. and also is it protected by some coating would day to day pocket use(sliding inside outside pocket) affect the camera lens sometime i even accidentally touch the lens..

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20151008_190459.jpg
    20151008_190459.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 camera help for sctaches and smudges

Welcome as a new member.

No, that is not normal. I understood your original thread to mean streaks emanating in all directions. The ones in your photo look like the effect you would get from a greasy fingerprint, say, smeared across the lens glass in one direction, or from scuffs or abrasions on the lens glass in one direction.
What does the lens glass look like if you examine it closely? If damaged, it may be possible to replace only the glass.
There may be some other cause, but I don't know what it would be.
I'll refer your question to one or two Note 4 owners.

786chatur

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Very very thank you.. the is glass is good.. just minor scratches but i am probably sure that those minor scratches on lens wont do the problem .. am i right ? Last question to you genius :p .. as you know the camera is little out of the phone and when keeping on the table camera get touched touched to the surface so i want to ask that is it any going to make camera bad.. i am also protecting it with a layer of plastic with the hole at the center likewise the plastic came covering the lens when i brought it new..

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm not very familiar with the Note 4, but if you're saying that you have a plastic protector covering the lens glass itself, remove it. If it's just surrounding the lens glass, with a circular cutout for the lens to look through, that will not protect the glass itself.
A protruding camera is always a problem, but a case will often give protection by, in effect, raising the level of the back to that of the module.

786chatur

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Does the camera lens made of some scratch protective glass or coating.. will do as you have said.. thanks you for all your help and yes you really solved my every problem.. take care

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance