What can Explain this behavior???

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So my phone gets to about 20% battery life and BOOM it shuts off...when i Reboot it, the battery has gone down to 0% !!!

Sometimes phone is at 15% and battery warning sign comes up and phone either shuts off or goes to like 7% in blink of an eye !!

first started noticing this problem with Textra SMS app, so I did soft reset, didn't help..Then I uninstalled Textra and now using just the Stock SMS app, STILL the same behavior.

What could be the cause of this?? BAD BATTERY?

***I am using NOTE 4 with verizon..Got it Brand new last year*** !

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
re:

So my phone gets to about 20% battery life and BOOM it shuts off...when i Reboot it, the battery has gone down to 0% !!!

Sometimes phone is at 15% and battery warning sign comes up and phone either shuts off or goes to like 7% in blink of an eye !!

first started noticing this problem with Textra SMS app, so I did soft reset, didn't help..Then I uninstalled Textra and now using just the Stock SMS app, STILL the same behavior.

What could be the cause of this?? BAD BATTERY?

***I am using NOTE 4 with verizon..Got it Brand new last year*** !

The Note 4 is only just over a year old. The battery should not have reached that point of performance even if you're a heavy gamer. You might need to do a full factory reset and start afresh. What version of android are running.

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

I just had the same problem... Verizon had me do a factory reset.... Did not work. I pay for the extended warranty, so they shipped me one free of charge after the factory reset did not fix the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

786chatur

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
re:

I also had the same prob. I changed the battery and now no boom nothing.. all working fine

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
re:

The Note 4 is only just over a year old. The battery should not have reached that point of performance even if you're a heavy gamer. You might need to do a full factory reset and start afresh. What version of android are running.

Running android 5.0 with verizon.

I think i am gonna give the whole factory reset option a try..it's just so much work given i have to take backs up and stuff! but i am willing to try it!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Your battery lasted longer than mine did! And yeah, that's your problem.
Don't even waste your time with a reset.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
re:

Factory reset is definitely an option. Not one I'd take in the case of instantaneous voltage fluctuations but . . its an option. If it were me? Time is money . . considering the time it'd take to restore my phone after a reset I'd probably spend the $26 on a new OEM battery or the same $26 on two Anker ones from Amazon. That's just me though . .

For the record, the Anker batteries perform pretty well but they also can exhibit swelling. I've had Anker send me a new set free of charge due to observing swelling in a battery. Glad to have a company stand behind their product like that . . and no I don't work for them lol.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
re:

Your battery lasted longer than mine did! And yeah, that's your problem.
Don't even waste your time with a reset.

It sucks though Samsung would make such horrible batteries!! when you paying premium price for the phone, u ought to get a premium product. Well one more year and I am DONE with Sammy...moving to perhaps a Nexus..!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
re:

Battery failure isn't unique to one manufacturer. Take the swelling of lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries for example . . Apple had to do a replacement program for iPhone 5's. The battery in my LG Nexus 4 swelled up like a balloon on me recently. Try googling "nexus 6 battery swelling".

It is what it is. Thankfully on this device the battery is easily replaceable.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

As a heads up, I posted this very same thing over on the Note Edge forum. I have had mine since day 1 last year. Meaning I have had the same battery for about a year. The battery would get down to 20% then 5 seconds later shut off. When powered back on, it was at 0%.

A new battery fixed this.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci