So my phone gets to about 20% battery life and BOOM it shuts off...when i Reboot it, the battery has gone down to 0% !!!

Sometimes phone is at 15% and battery warning sign comes up and phone either shuts off or goes to like 7% in blink of an eye !!

first started noticing this problem with Textra SMS app, so I did soft reset, didn't help..Then I uninstalled Textra and now using just the Stock SMS app, STILL the same behavior.

What could be the cause of this?? BAD BATTERY?

***I am using NOTE 4 with verizon..Got it Brand new last year*** !
    11-29-2015 12:55 AM
    So my phone gets to about 20% battery life and BOOM it shuts off...when i Reboot it, the battery has gone down to 0% !!!

Sometimes phone is at 15% and battery warning sign comes up and phone either shuts off or goes to like 7% in blink of an eye !!

first started noticing this problem with Textra SMS app, so I did soft reset, didn't help..Then I uninstalled Textra and now using just the Stock SMS app, STILL the same behavior.

What could be the cause of this?? BAD BATTERY?

***I am using NOTE 4 with verizon..Got it Brand new last year*** !
    The Note 4 is only just over a year old. The battery should not have reached that point of performance even if you're a heavy gamer. You might need to do a full factory reset and start afresh. What version of android are running.
    11-29-2015 07:25 AM
    I just had the same problem... Verizon had me do a factory reset.... Did not work. I pay for the extended warranty, so they shipped me one free of charge after the factory reset did not fix the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2015 01:36 PM
    I also had the same prob. I changed the battery and now no boom nothing.. all working fine

11-29-2015 01:48 PM
    I also had the same prob. I changed the battery and now no boom nothing.. all working fine

Congratulations

11-29-2015 03:15 PM
    yeah I got the phone as soon as it came out..it's just a year old and didn't expect this from the battery.
    11-29-2015 07:53 PM
    The Note 4 is only just over a year old. The battery should not have reached that point of performance even if you're a heavy gamer. You might need to do a full factory reset and start afresh. What version of android are running.
    Running android 5.0 with verizon.

I think i am gonna give the whole factory reset option a try..it's just so much work given i have to take backs up and stuff! but i am willing to try it!
    11-29-2015 07:54 PM
    Your battery lasted longer than mine did! And yeah, that's your problem.
    Don't even waste your time with a reset.
    11-29-2015 08:18 PM
    Factory reset is definitely an option. Not one I'd take in the case of instantaneous voltage fluctuations but . . its an option. If it were me? Time is money . . considering the time it'd take to restore my phone after a reset I'd probably spend the $26 on a new OEM battery or the same $26 on two Anker ones from Amazon. That's just me though . .

For the record, the Anker batteries perform pretty well but they also can exhibit swelling. I've had Anker send me a new set free of charge due to observing swelling in a battery. Glad to have a company stand behind their product like that . . and no I don't work for them lol.
    11-29-2015 08:31 PM
    Your battery lasted longer than mine did! And yeah, that's your problem.
    Don't even waste your time with a reset.
    It sucks though Samsung would make such horrible batteries!! when you paying premium price for the phone, u ought to get a premium product. Well one more year and I am DONE with Sammy...moving to perhaps a Nexus..!
    11-29-2015 08:43 PM
    Battery failure isn't unique to one manufacturer. Take the swelling of lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries for example . . Apple had to do a replacement program for iPhone 5's. The battery in my LG Nexus 4 swelled up like a balloon on me recently. Try googling "nexus 6 battery swelling".

It is what it is. Thankfully on this device the battery is easily replaceable.
    11-29-2015 09:06 PM
    As a heads up, I posted this very same thing over on the Note Edge forum. I have had mine since day 1 last year. Meaning I have had the same battery for about a year. The battery would get down to 20% then 5 seconds later shut off. When powered back on, it was at 0%.

A new battery fixed this.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    11-29-2015 10:23 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery i have 3 batteries and 2 of them do that
    11-30-2015 12:17 AM