How can I get audio files from DropBox play in an app that lets me rewind & fastforward?

A

AC Question

I ripped some cds (tracks from parenting advice series of discs) and put the files in my DropBox. When I play them on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the player is just a bar that layers on top of my DropBox file listing, and it only has the option to pause. If I try to switch to another app, the player stops, disappears, and I have to start the track again from the beginning.

How can I get my phone to open the audio files from DropBox as if they were an "album"... with controls to rewind and fast forward, and automatically start the next track?

Or do I need to transfer all the files to my micro sd card, and then open them with another player/app?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox on a mobile device doesn't natively background sync like it does on computers. This behavior is on purpose, otherwise users would complain about not being able to control bandwidth usage on mobile data plans.

Two solutions I see (there may be more) is to either copy files manually to your device (either on a microSD or to internal storage) or use an application like Dropsync to force background sync on select folders within your dropbox account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678